Packaging Plant Supervisor
- Livingston, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the execution of plant objectives including financial, safety, associate development, quality, and customer service.
Your roles & responsibilities:
- You will supervise a workforce comprised of 20-60 hourly full-time and temporary associates
- You will execute and enforce government, company and/or plant laws, procedures, and/or policies
- You will plan, coordinate, and supervise work activities and operations related to areas of responsibility
- You will communicate, implement, and monitor safety programs and procedures
- You will participate in leads safety meetings and ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment
- As needed, you will operate equipment and perform duties related to the success operation of the department
- Assists other supervisors and/or Plant Manager in directing the overall operation of the plant
- Responsible for plant productivity, including involvement in goal setting for the plant, and execution of plant production goals.
- Must possess a B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience (preferably in the agricultural industry)
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate well verbally and in writing/ Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have strong mathematical background to be able to perform calculations on quality, productivity, time cards, reports, etc.
- Must be able to evaluate employees fairly and objectively; must possess strong human resources skills
- Must have the ability to flex production to meet hourly changing product mix demands
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.