- Fresno, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide administrative support to the Plant Manager, plant management & supervisory staff which includes: composing/typing correspondence of a complex and confidential nature; maintain organization charts and phone and distribution lists; make travel arrangements, schedule appointments/meetings/conference calls; receive/direct incoming calls; greet/direct employees, vendors, guests, government representatives, etc.; establish and maintain effective hard and soft copy filling systems; and other duties as assigned.
- Gather, compile, enter and track assorted data received from various Production and/or Accounting Departments in order to generate required reports. This includes data entry and generating graphs as necessary.
- Organize monthly safety meetings. Compile, track and report completion of safety/plant trainings. Generate and distribute follow-up reports to reflect missing trainings.
- Assist in coordination and setup of all plant events.
- Order and receive all office supplies; P-Card holder responsible for ordering misc. items needed by the plant; first point of contact to resolve issues involving malfunction of office equipment, e.g., copier, fax, phones, video conferencing equipment, etc.
- Special assignments as instructed by Management
- Other duties as assigned
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
· Must have 2 years clerical experience.
· Must be able to type fifty (50) W.P.M and use 10 key by touch.
· Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Must have the ability to work well independently, with minimal supervision and under tight time deadlines.
· Must be computer literate in Windows environment and proficient in Microsoft Applications, with an emphasis in Excel.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and have strong written and oral skills.
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.