MASTER LEVEL 3 REFRIGERATION MECHANIC
- Livingston, CA 95334, USA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Conduct preventive maintenance and re-build equipment as necessary
Troubleshoot and repair equipment
Insure all refrigeration equipment is functioning in a safe and optimal manner
Monitor and record all reading to document operation of the equipment and the system. Report any unresolved discrepancies immediately to the Refrigeration Lead or Supervisor
Train lower classification technicians
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision
· Must have the ability to lead and train mechanics on repairs to ammonia system and equipment.
· Must have a minimum eight (8) years on job experience in industrial refrigeration, preferably with two stage ammonia and glycol systems
· Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must be a trained First Responder – Level A suit qualified
· Must be a trained Haz-Mat responder at 40-hour level
· Must be certified in Confined Space training
· Must be current on CPR/First Aid certification
· Must be trained in lock-out tag-out and safe work practices
· Must have proven ability to understand refrigeration blueprints, PHA’s, SOP’s as well as knowledge of completion of MOC’s as certified by Maintenance Management
· Must be able to interpret and identify valves and equipment using P&ID’s.
· Must have proven experience in ammonia system pump-downs and repairs.
· Must be able to monitor and identify abnormal operating pressures, temperatures and conditions within the Refrigeration system and make adjustments or repairs to correct any issues.
· Must be able to train and assist in the development of upcoming mechanics within the Refrigeration Dept.
· Must have proven knowledge of chemical testing for cooling towers and ammonia system contaminants
· Must have proven knowledge of air compressor systems as certified by Maintenance Management
· Must have proven knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems as certified by RETA at the Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) level
· Must have current RETA certification at the Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) level.
· Must have proven knowledge in glycol cooling systems as certified by Maintenance Management as applicable.
· Must have proven knowledge of refrigeration electrical control system troubleshooting as certified by in house Electrical Technician.
· Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical issues within the Refrigeration system.
· Must have proven knowledge to include theory, operation, and troubleshooting of two stage ammonia systems
· Must be able to bend, stoop walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
· Must be able to climb and work from ladders and in confined spaces safely
· Must be able to work from high altitudes, catwalks and roofs
· Must be able to lift over 50 pounds
· Must be able to work on wet concrete floors
· Must be able to work overtime, weekends and times dictated by production equipment requirements/needs
· Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
· Must maintain current RETA, Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certification including any required triennial Continuing Education Requirements (CEU’s)
Must have working knowledge of HVAC systems and possess a EPA 608 Type II and III or Universal certification..
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees
will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines