Senior Staff Accountant - Commercial Property Management
- Tampa, FL
Franklin Street is a group of companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to today’s commercial property owners. Founded in 2006 during one of the toughest real estate climates, Franklin Street has blossomed into one of the fastest-growing real estate and insurance companies in the Southeast, with offices in Tampa, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Jacksonville. Our family of real estate companies – which include Real Estate, Capital, Insurance and Management Services – is focused on developing solutions for the evolving demands of our clients. Learn more about Franklin Street at www.fsfp.com. Some recent awards include:
- Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work 2013
- Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
- Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest growing companies – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2011 & 2012
- 40 under 40 Award, Andrew Wright CEO - Real Estate Forum Magazine 2011
- Top CFO Award Finalist, Will Sadlowski – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
Recognized as one of the Top Places to Work by major Florida publications, Franklin Street Management Services is currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant – Property Management to support our office located in Tampa. Successful candidates will be those possessing a background in commercial (retail/office) and multi-family (residential apartments) management accounting, strong systems proficiency, and an enthusiasm for customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to perform a variety of accounting functions for commercial and multi-family real estate properties including:
- Performs financial performance analyses and property level budgeting
- Performs monthly journal entries
- Compiles and prepares monthly property financial statements
- Prepares general ledger reconciliations
- Performs monthly closing processes for properties
- Processes accounts receivables, accounts payables, and payroll transactions
- Responsible for administering accounting procedures, monitoring internal controls and database management
- Communicates on a daily basis with property managers.
- Assists Controller in all areas as needed.
- Works on special projects and completes other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in commercial Real Estate management accounting, commercial and multi-family experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow-direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
- Ability to communicate and work in a collaborative manner with a diverse team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Yardi property management software preferred.
- College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent property accounting experience is required.
- High level of proficiency in: Excel, Word, Outlook, and related software required.