Intern - Commercial Leasing and Tenant Representation
- Atlanta, GA
Franklin Street is a group of companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to today’s commercial property owners. Founded in 2006 during one of the toughest real estate climates, Franklin Street has blossomed into one of the fastest-growing real estate and insurance companies in the Southeast, with offices in Tampa, Atlanta, Miami and Jacksonville. Our family of real estate companies – which include Real Estate, Capital, Insurance and Management Services – is focused on developing solutions for the evolving demands of our clients.
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Recent Awards Include:
- Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work Award 2013
- Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
- Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest Growing companies in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Business Journal – 2011, 2012, and 2013
- 40 under 40 Award, Real Estate Forum Magazine - Andrew Wright, CEO
- Top CFO Award Finalist, Will Sadlowski, CFO – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
Franklin Street Management Services offers motivated and ambitious interns the opportunity to learn the Commercial Property Leasing and Tenant Representation field. Franklin Street moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects, and meet deadlines.
Franklin Street interns will work closely with the staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance, and help throughout the internship period.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES / OBJECTIVES:
- Interns will gain exposure to a professional sales environment and receive personal training from a market professional and have the opportunity to work closely with Directors in the firm with decades of experience in complex Real Estate transactions.
- Interns will be involved in new business development initiatives, maintaining client relationship responsibilities, database management, marketing projects, and other general business tasks.
- Gain extensive knowledge regarding the stabilization of a multi-tenant shopping center through market analysis, lease negotiation, and ultimate disposition of the asset.
- Learn how marketing activities can impact and enhance the client’s understanding of properties.
- Stay informed of current industry and market trends.
- Interns will be invited to collaborative meetings and cross-functional learning opportunities that span the entire Franklin Street real estate services platform.
- Learn how to develop strategic solutions that create value for the client.
SCOPE OF WORK DUTIES AND PROJECTS:
- Assist the Leasing team with the day-to-day responsibilities upon request and will work with specific brokers and support team members.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials.
- Prepare direct mail and eblast marketing lists and track marketing program effectiveness.
- Develop marketing reports and material updates for all assigned centers.
- Conduct research on market trends, new property listings, and relevant industry information as well as collect information pertaining to zoning, permitted uses and government regulations.
- Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching, and reporting.
- Assist with creating and assembling marketing materials, client packages, and other communication projects.
- Update site plans.
- Post and update listing information and pictures using LoopNet, CoStar, and the company’s website.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Leasing interns should be those who possess an interest in the commercial Real Estate industry and/or marketing.
- Must be a junior or senior seeking a degree in marketing, Real Estate, public relations, communications, business/finance, or a related field.
- High level of proficiency in MS office suite, most specifically, Excel and Publisher.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment.
- 8-12 Hours per week minimum during the school semester, 12 hours per week minimum during the summer.
- Traditional work-week availability required. No night/weekend hours available.