Leasing Consultant - Harbour Cay Apartments
- Largo, FL
Franklin Street is a group of companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to today’s commercial property owners. Founded in 2006 during one of the toughest real estate climates, Franklin Street has blossomed into one of the fastest-growing real estate and insurance companies in the Southeast, with offices in Tampa, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Jacksonville. Our family of real estate companies – which include Real Estate, Capital, Insurance and Management Services – is focused on developing solutions for the evolving demands of our clients. Learn more about Franklin Street at www.fsfp.com. Some recent awards include:
- Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work 2013
- Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
- Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest growing companies – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2011 & 2012
- 40 under 40 Award, Andrew Wright CEO - Real Estate Forum Magazine 2011
- Top CFO Award Finalist, Will Sadlowski – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
Franklin Street Management Services, a Florida based Property Management Company is currently seeking an experienced Leasing Consultant for the Harbour Cay apartment community located in Largo.
Ideal candidates should have previous on-site experience in a leasing role or have applicable experience demonstrating an aptitude for sales. Also required is a passion for customer service, and the ability to take direction but work independently.
In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course so candidates must be available to work weekends and early evenings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles all aspects of leasing apartments, including converting telephone inquiries, greeting prospective residents, touring the community, closing the sale, processing applications within 24-48 hours, typing leases, following up with prospects, obtaining signatures for completion of leases/paperwork prior to move-in.
- Performs a daily inspection of vacant apartments, mini models, show trail, common areas and community amenities and follows up with action plans to ensure units are always at company standards and ready for prospective tenants.
- Maintains a minimum closing ratio of 33%, an industry standard, in order to obtain optimum occupancy.
- Develops and maintains on-going resident retention programs under the direction of the Property Manager. Develops, plans, and attends resident functions.
- Collects and secures rental and individually metered utility payments.
- Produces reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner, including the weekly traffic reports and monthly market survey by physically visiting at least one market competitor monthly.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property files per company standards.
- Handles or assists in the receiving, recording, preparation, and follow up of work orders to facilitate residents’ service requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 2+ years of apartment complex management experience or applicable sales experience required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Must have flexible schedule availability – schedule will include weekend and evenings.
- High school diploma required.
- College degree and/or certification not required, but a plus.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment including computer, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculator, fax machine, and electronic scanner.
- Supervisory level math skills including the ability to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, time keeping records, etc.
- Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to conduct market surveys, attend meetings, visit area businesses, purchase and pick up supplies for resident and community functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and adequate insurance per company guidelines when driving to perform work-related business errands and marketing.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted to respond in cases of emergency.
- Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency a plus.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
· Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of staff so classified.