Maintenance Technician HVAC - Carlyle at Waters Apartments
- Tampa, FL
Franklin Street is a group of companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to today’s commercial property owners. Founded in 2006 during one of the toughest real estate climates, Franklin Street has blossomed into one of the fastest-growing real estate and insurance companies in the Southeast, with offices in Tampa, Atlanta, Miami and Jacksonville. Our family of real estate companies – which include Real Estate, Capital, Insurance and Management Services – is focused on developing solutions for the evolving demands of our clients.
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Recent Awards Include:
- Tampa Bay Times – Best Places to Work Award 2013
- Best Places to Work Award Finalist – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
- Fast 50 Award honoring the 50 Fastest Growing companies in Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay Business Journal – 2011, 2012, and 2013
- 40 under 40 Award, Real Estate Forum Magazine - Andrew Wright, CEO
- Top CFO Award Finalist, Will Sadlowski, CFO – Tampa Bay Business Journal 2012 & 2013
Recognized as one of the Top Places to Work by major Florida publications, Franklin Street Management Services, a Florida based Property Management company, is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician HVAC for our residential apartment community, Carlyle at Waters, located in Tampa.
Candidates should have at least 2 years of previous on-site experience in a maintenance role, and have an aptitude in punching apartments for move-ins including: HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry, machine and equipment repair, electrical, , painting, drywall, and carpentry/framing. Also required is a passion for customer service, and the ability to take direction but work independently.
In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course so candidates must be available to work on an “on-call” basis for maintenance emergencies. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced maintenance technician that is looking for a steady, stable work environment. Candidates must be willing to submit to a background and drug screen as a condition of employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Maintenance Technician performs or coordinates all maintenance activities of apartment community(s) including general repairs, installations, preventative maintenance, and construction in a timely manner and according to company policies and procedures in order to maximize the property’s occupancy and return-on-investment.
- Completes service requests within 24 hours.
- Performs trash-outs and make-readies to ensure units are ready for future residents as quickly as possible.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc. to dumpster when necessary.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (gas or electric - varies by property)
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Ceiling fans
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Water heaters, boiler, gas and electric (varies by property)
- Door deadbolts, hardware, mail boxes, and locks
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop in adherence with company guidelines.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of job duties.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to take direction but work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with residents, co-workers, and vendors.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community. (I.e. Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools).
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be willing to perform work at or be assigned to other communities as needed.
- Must be available and willing to answer 24- hour maintenance emergency calls.
- EPA Universal Certification required.
- Swimming Pool Certification not required, but a plus.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of property maintenance and repair are required.