Project Manager / Scrum Master, Digital Marketing
- Toronto, Canada
Fruition Interactive is more than a Web marketing agency.
It's a strategic approach to online marketing that's designed to drive results that matter -- whether that's generating new leads, attracting and snaring the best new hires or maximizing lifetime customer value.
As a full-service interactive agency, Fruition delivers strategy; design; technology; search, social media and online marketing services that engage and enable users via the Web, mobile and email that are designed to move the needle most on your key business drivers — awareness, conversion and retention.
Whether it’s a new eCommerce roll-out, a fully content managed Web site, an integrated social media strategy or an email newsletter, Fruition Interactive is Web that Works.
Fruition's core clients are companies looking to grow their revenues from between $500,000 to $10 million a year. Our clients also include such marquee brands and Scotiabank, The City of Toronto, Home Depot, KPMG, BMO Bank of Montreal, CIBC Renaissance Investments and others.
As a Scrum Master / Project Manager at Fruition Interactive you’ll be the linchpin of our teams’ success in delivering projects on time, on budget and on target.
Day to day, you’ll be the go-to person for:
- Supporting our development and delivery processes by:
- Organizing and facilitating project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Tracking and communicating team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintaining process documentation
- Ensuring the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility and mentoring them in those practices
- Supporting our teams by:
- Assisting teams with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Participating proactively in developing and maintaining team processes, standards, tools, and best practices
- Identifying and removing impediments, preventing distractions
- Facilitating discussion and conflict resolution
- Empowering the team to self-organize
- Supporting our clients by:
- Assisting as needed with backlog maintenance – maintaining and documenting project business requirements, facilitating change requests
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and
- Radiating information
- Assisting with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
Excellent communication, diplomacy and persuasion skills; ability to understand technical issues at a high level; a thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures and a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle are all super important for this role.
So are your ability to mentor teams, your passion to proactively seek ways to improve processes, your interest in the Web’s potential to help people have better lives and your creativity, resourcefulness and innovativeness at tackling complex challenges (in a timely matter).
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years project management experience and 3+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Experience working in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python) environment
- 3+ years’ experience working in a Web development / digital marketing context
It’d be nice if you had:
- Certified Scrum Master/Professional/Practitioner designation
- Experience documenting project requirements using User Stories
- Experience working with Small/Mid-sized businesses
This is a contract position