Junior QA Tester
- Ottawa, Canada
Fuel Industries is the intersection of advertising and entertainment - where enjoyment meets solid business strategy. We marry the best strategists and creative minds with an army of in house experts in the fields of animation, design, film and video production, sound design, music and online programming.
As technology changes, people change with it. Reaching your customer is no longer as easy as airing a 30-second spot in primetime - it requires breaking through filters. That's where we come in. Starting from piercing insight and strategy, we create entertaining experiences around your brands that resonate with your audience and create lasting impressions.
We are the evolution of interactive marketing. We are branded entertainment evolved.
QA tester will perform testing of applications, games
and interactive experiences. They will evaluate, troubleshoot and test the
software in search of bugs and errors. Both automated and manual testing
processes will be followed to ensure all issues in the software are identified
and clearly communicated to the development teams. Issues identified in the
software are then logged, prioritized and tracked by the production teams.
Essentially, the QA tester simulates an end user and seeks out problems they
may encounter. QA testers will work closely with development teams to assist in
replicating and resolving issues identified by end-users
• Contribute to milestone & release code by testing instrumented builds.
• Plan, design, peer review, and execute manual and automated test procedures.
• Perform integration, smoke, load, usability, performance and regression tests.
• Identify issues, enter them into the issue tracking system and follow up on their fixing and closing.
• Work with producers, artists and programmers to ensure new features meet all acceptance test criteria.
Required Skills & Experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Communications, or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 1+ years overall industry technical experience.
• 1+ year experience in quality assurance.
• Previous software development experience and some knowledge of programming and scripting.
• Experience with iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms.
• Previous experience working in the game industry is a plus.
• Excellent team, project management and problem solving skills.
Additional Skills & Experience
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
• Excellent decision making capabilities.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• High productivity and dependability.
• Must have used a smartphone in your daily (non-work) life for at least 1 year
• Experience playing mobile games is a major asset
Please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone for an exciting project and need to hire immediately.