- Ottawa, Canada
Fuel is a global digital agency based in Ottawa and L.A. who has pushed the limits of youth brand engagement for more than 10 years. Through deep, digital brand experiences we reach consumers with innovative and impactful campaigns across online, social, mobile, console, and next generation consumer technology. Through creativity, socialization, and most importantly – play – we have grown into one of the most advanced youth marketing firms in the world. Our work for McDonald's, Star Wars, NBC Universal, Nokia, and Mattel prove it, and iMedia has named Fuel one of 25 Agencies to Watch in 2012.
Fuel is fun. We work hard, and play hard. We're no strangers to the impromptu karaoke competition, midnight gaming session, or all-office laser tag. Our team marries the best digital strategists and creative minds in the business with an army of in-house experts in design, animation, film, game design, and software development
Fuel is a family. And as a next generation digital agency with a focus exclusively on youth consumers, we're one of the most exciting places to work in the world.
We are currently looking to add an Office Administrator to our Ottawa-based team.
Reporting to the VP, Finance the successful candidate will be responsible for providing reception and administrative support as the primary point of contact for Fuel’s Ottawa office.
- Welcome visitors in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries, and directing to appropriate departments or to direct lines
- Provide reception coverage at all times
- Responsible for booking travel for Ottawa staff in accordance with Fuel policy, as requested
- Arrange outgoing/incoming courier services, mail and other items as required
- Assist in the booking and set-up of meeting rooms, board rooms and other office facilities; ensure meeting rooms are properly equipped and kept presentable
- Assist with planning and set-up of company-wide events, meetings and catered lunches, as requested
- Adhere to and promote all company policies, programs and procedures
- Assist with the preparation of expense reports for processing in accordance with Fuel policy
- Provide accounting assistance including the verifying and entering of accounts payable invoices into the accounting system
- Support all areas of the business with filing, scanning and other general administration duties
- Daily upkeep and tidiness of reception, kitchen and other administrative areas
- Monitor stock levels of kitchen supplies, and office supplies; reordering of supplies as required
- Assist HR with new hire onboarding
- Participate in Health & Safety Committee
- Keep staff informed of all Property Management activities performed on site i.e. fire drills, pending maintenance etc.
- 2 years or more related experience
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Completion of two year diploma in business administration or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone operations
- Demonstrated strong computer and internet research skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of electronic calendars (Outlook)
- Sage ACCPAC experience an asset
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Comfortable interacting with staff at all levels of the organization
- Customer focused, positive and dependable
- Self-starter, quick learner, takes initiative and ownership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with good judgement and flexibility
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance