Information Systems Security Architect
- 2603 Augusta Dr, Houston, TX 77057, USA
Enjoy what you do. Work with the best.
The Fulcrum team of technologists are recognized experts in the fields of I.T. Infrastructure Technology, Security, Service Management, and Support.
Fulcrum was born with an emphatic desire to change I.T. consulting and services by providing reliable, vendor-agnostic solutions, and implementing those solutions with excellent documentation. We deliver I.T. services with an obligation of exceeding our clients’ expectations at competitive cost.
As a part of the Fulcrum team, you have the opportunity to do challenging work with some of Houston’s most respected I.T. consultants and be recognized and rewarded for that work by Fulcrum’s leadership team. We have created a culture of openness and cooperation that allows team members to collaborate and expand their skill set while delivering high quality solutions to our clients. If you are driven to succeed and looking to explore your passion for technology, join the Fulcrum team.
- Administer network and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in client environments
- Formulate security architecture recommendations and design security services
- Implement technical solutions to contractual requirements supporting SSAE16, FISMA, ISO 27001, NERC/CIP
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Conduct risk assessments, penetration tests and diagnose internet/extranet security, intrusion attempts, and cyber-crime response
- Perform project leadership tasks on select security projects
- Solid familiarity with application and network security
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, security incident response
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
- Three (3) years in a system administration (e.g., Network, Windows) role
- Five or more years’ experience in IT security
Licenses/Certificates (any of the following a plus):
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs
- Proven project management and organizational skills; specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience with Palo Alto, Splunk, McAfee EPO and Bluecoat Proxy SG is a plus.
No H1-B sponsorship is available for this position. Local candidates only. No relocation.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, sick days and company holidays
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Information Technology, Consultant
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8 to 10 Years
- Manages Others: No
- Relocation: No
- Required Travel: Up to 25%