Technical Writer & Content Developer
- San Mateo, CA
Full Circle Insights is a growing startup company with pioneering products that help companies understand marketing’s contributions to pipeline and revenue. The technical writer will be part of the customer success team at Full Circle, but will work extensively with engineering, product development and customer success to formulate, design and execute product and training documentation.
Full Circle Insights Customer Success is all about building a great team in an environment based on trust, openness, collaboration, respect, quality, and work/life balance. We work hard together to deliver high quality solutions that help our customers succeed. Our team is made up of seasoned Salesforce professionals, architects, testers, and managers with deep and wide experience, as well as junior and mid-level folks.
You’re a problem solver with excellent people skills who knows what your customers need. You have proven experience writing easy-to-read help and implementation guides, release notes and user interface text. You should also have experience creating demo and explainer videos, tutorials, and other user assistance materials for enterprise business applications. You aren’t afraid of code or complex technologies, and, ideally, have experience writing documentation for Salesforce or ISV partner applications that run on the Salesforce platform. You're a great match if you're self-directed, requirements-driven, passionate about technology, produce high-quality documentation, and understand how your work contributes to the overall success of the product. You understand that autonomy and teamwork aren’t opposing but complementary values.
- Develop a documentation strategy that meets our needs for customer communication and education and internal collaboration
- Write and maintain easy-to-use and easy-to-read product documentation and guides
- Write release notes, upgrade notifications and product upgrades
- Implement a nimble process for drafts and content approval
- Post release notes, upgrades, how-to-tips to support community and email to customers via marketing automation tools
- Develop requirements by constituency (internal, customers, partners, functional groups)
- Develop training materials to be used both internally and externally
- Project manage production of how-to and explainer videos with external production company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2-5 years of experience writing technical documentation for software-based systems
- 2-5 years of experience working on customer-facing documentation, in collaboration with groups including Product Management, Engineering, and Support
- Experience creating visual content to support explanation of complex technical concepts
- 2+ years of Salesforce platform experience and familiarity with CRM concepts
- Experience with Salesforce Community, Pardot and Marketo are a bonus
- Proven record of managing complex documentation projects through the complete development life cycle
- Superior writer and editor with an eye for detail and an ear for nuance
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; requires minimal supervision
- Analytical, creative, confident, and self-motivated
- Thrives in fast-paced environments where the adaptable and quick-witted excel
- Proficient with a range project tracking and collaborative tools including wikis, Google docs, and JIRA (or similar)
- Proficient with a range of content design and delivery tools including Microsoft Office Suite, TechSmith SnagIt, Camtasia
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 10 paid holidays, annually.
- Best in class health, dental, and vision benefits for employee and dependents.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Free lunch on Wednesdays, happy hours
San Mateo, CA or Seattle, WA