Jr. GIS QA Analyst
- Atlanta, GA
Futura Systems provides enterprise utility GIS solutions to hundreds of electric membership cooperatives, electric municipal systems, and other utility providers across the United States. As an ESRI Business Partner, Futura Systems excels at employing the ArcGIS foundation to develop mapping staking, and outage management tools that deliver powerful, user-friendly functionality.
This position will analyze functional and technical requirements of enterprise GIS applications on ESRI ArcGIS platform and perform Quality Assurance and Testing.
This individual will participate in the complete development lifecycle process-requirements analysis, design and testing.
- Conducts requirements analysis and creates technical and functional specification documents
- Creates Test Plans, writes Test cases, performs Unit Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and UAT
- Test Planning and Test Execution on GIS Desktop Applications, Web Applications and Web Services
- Work with development team leads to align test plan with development plan and ensure projects are released as per schedule
The qualified candidate will be an experienced QA Analyst with sound knowledge in ArcGIS.
- 1-2 years of experience in systems analysis, technical writing, Test Planning and Test executuion of GIS application software developed with ESRI Technologies
- Some experience working with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, writing queries and SQL scripts
- Strong understanding on Quality Assurance methodologies
- Top notch written and verbal Communication skills
- 4-year degree in related field
- Python scripting, Crystal Reports, Test Automation, Electric Utility domain knowledge
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum development methodologies