- Virginia Beach, VA
G2-Ops is a dynamic and growing small business specializing in both government and commercial contracts in engineering services and information technology. We have openings for Welders.
The Welder performs numerous welding processes to repair, modify and install various structures foundations and fittings associated with shipboard systems.
- Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, plant equipment, foundations, motors and generators, according to layouts, blueprints or work orders.
- Capable of brazing and a variety of arc and both gas welding processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- May locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads, using inspection equipment and gas torch.
- May perform repairs only.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Must have a solid background in GMAW and SMAW welding processes to repair, modify, and install various structures, foundations, and piping systems associated with Shipboard Systems Installations.
- Shall have an in-depth knowledge of blueprint reading and have the associated fitting and fabrication skills.
- Possess sufficient technical skills to work independently.
- Climb shipboard ladders and navigate narrow passageways and confined spaces.
- Lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work at heights up to 50 feet above the deck using proper safety equipment.
- Good housekeeping habits, strict adherence to safety regulations, high mental/visual effort and frequent travel/overtime are required.
Education, Credentials and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have completed a Shipyard Welder Apprenticeship Program, a Vocational/Technical School specializing in the welding processes, or have military or civilian welding experience in a ship repair department (26A)
- 2 years experence working on Navy ships
- DoD Secret Clearance Desirable
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Temporary Full-Time Hourly Position
- Benefits not included
G2-Ops is an Equal Opportunity Employer