Director of Operations
- Virginia Beach, VA
G2-Ops is a dynamic and growing small business specializing in both government and commercial contracts in engineering services and information technology. We have an opening for Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring operational efficiency and excellence in the organizational and administrative functions required to carry out G2’s mission.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Establish, promulgate, assess and revise departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, company executives, and staff members.
- Improve company procedures relating to daily operations – including timekeeping, coordination of security, materials management, contract project management, and departmental budgeting.
- Analyze and document business processes and problems.
- Develop solutions from process analysis to enhance efficiencies.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and provide employee orientation direction when needed.
- Manage staff scheduling to include: employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost adjustment and program improvement.
- Help create organizational and program financial and staffing budgets.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Supervise and coach office manager on a weekly basis.
- Assist the COO in creating project schedules and managing requirements, creating milestones, and monitoring and tracking progress against plans.
- Experience in Navy Quality Assurance programs.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge of budget development and oversight, economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Experience with cost and schedule planning, executing and reporting.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ten years of senior-level program and personnel supervisory experience in a technical, engineering and/or management discipline.
- Knowledge of SPAWAR, Navy.
- Knowledge with the various phases of a project life cycle.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in planning, organizing, leading and controlling various types of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret and apply government and industry specifications, codes, guidelines and regulations to the unique requirements of the contract or task order or operation.
- Excellent computer skills including use of word processing, project management, spreadsheet and database software including Microsoft Project. Familiarity with Microsoft Sharepoint, Quickbooks and Unanet desired.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education, Credentials and/or Experience:
- Master's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Must Have a U.S. Passport
- Full-Time Salaried Position
G2-Ops is an Equal Opportunity Employer