Barrie Guard Needed
- Barrie, Canada
GARDA CANADA SECURITY CORPORATION
GARDA (TSX:GW) is a global provider of security solutions, cash logistics and global risk consulting. With headquarters in Montreal, Canada, the firm’s 45,000 dedicated professionals, among the most highly qualified and best-trained in the industry, serve clients in countries throughout North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Garda works with clients in a broad range of sectors and industries including financial institutions, retailers, manufacturers, insurance companies, governments, humanitarian relief organizations and the natural resources, construction and telecommunications.
Are you ready to join the fastest growing company in security, cash handling and pre-employment screening?
SECURITY GUARDS – TEMPORARY FULL TIME AND ON CALL CASUAL – BARRIE
GARDA is a North American leader in Physical Security, Cash Handling, and Pre-employment Screening. We are currently looking for one guard to work for two-three weeks full time in a temporary position with the opportunity to stay on as on-call casual for this location. The successful incumbent will be required to work a full rotation of shifts including afternoons, overnights, weekends and 12hr shifts. Compensation for these positions will start at $11.00/hr.
- Access control of employees entering/exiting the premises
- CCTV Monitoring
- Gatehouse Duties
- Interior and exterior foot patrols
- Report writing
- Front desk duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Expertise Required:
- Valid Ontario Security Guard license
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as a member of a team
- Able to respond to emergency situations
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Previous security experience, including CCTV Monitoring, Access Control, and Concierge duties
- Law and Security or Police Foundations training
GARDA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for a position in person please visit 36 Scarsdale Rd North York, ON, M3B 2R7. Alternately interested applicants may email their resume to hrcareers@garda .ca or fax to 416-915-9700 Attn: Human Resources. Please quote “BARRIE POSITION” when applying.
We thank all candidates for their interest in GARDA; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Garda is an equal opportunity employer
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.