Are you ready to join the fastest growing company in security, cash handling and pre-employment screening?
SECURITY GUARDS – TEMPORARY FULL TIME AND ON CALL CASUAL – BARRIE
GARDA is a North American leader in Physical Security, Cash Handling, and Pre-employment Screening. We are currently looking for one guard to work for two-three weeks full time in a temporary position with the opportunity to stay on as on-call casual for this location. The successful incumbent will be required to work a full rotation of shifts including afternoons, overnights, weekends and 12hr shifts. Compensation for these positions will start at $11.00/hr.
- Access control of employees entering/exiting the premises
- CCTV Monitoring
- Gatehouse Duties
- Interior and exterior foot patrols
- Report writing
- Front desk duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Expertise Required:
- Valid Ontario Security Guard license
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as a member of a team
- Able to respond to emergency situations
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Previous security experience, including CCTV Monitoring, Access Control, and Concierge duties
- Law and Security or Police Foundations training
GARDA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for a position in person please visit 36 Scarsdale Rd North York, ON, M3B 2R7. Alternately interested applicants may email their resume to hrcareers@garda .ca or fax to 416-915-9700 Attn: Human Resources. Please quote “BARRIE POSITION” when applying.
We thank all candidates for their interest in GARDA; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.