Security Guards Needed - Full Time Continuing - Brampton/Mississauga
- Brampton, Canada
GARDA CANADA SECURITY CORPORATION
GARDA (TSX:GW) is a global provider of security solutions, cash logistics and global risk consulting. With headquarters in Montreal, Canada, the firm’s 45,000 dedicated professionals, among the most highly qualified and best-trained in the industry, serve clients in countries throughout North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Garda works with clients in a broad range of sectors and industries including financial institutions, retailers, manufacturers, insurance companies, governments, humanitarian relief organizations and the natural resources, construction and telecommunications.
Are you ready to join the fastest growing company in security, cash handling and pre-employment screening?
SECURITY GUARDS – INDUSTRIAL/WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT – FULL TIME
GARDA is a North American leader in Physical Security, Cash Handling, and Pre-employment Screening. We are currently hiring Physical Security Guards in the Brampton/Mississauga area for full time permanent positions. Successful applicants will be required to work in a fast-paced warehouse/distribution centre environment and will be compensated at $11.47/hr with a comprehensive benefits package. Successful applicants will be required to work a rotating schedule involving, days, afternoons, overnights, weekends and 12hr shifts.
- Access Control
- Checking ID of all employees entering the premises.
- Checking truck numbers and seals of all trucks entering the premises
- Recording all pertinent information in the appropriate log
- CCTV Monitoring
- Extensive Interior/Exterior patrols of premises
- Gatehouse duties
- Use of computer tracking system
Knowledge & Expertise Required:
- Valid Ontario Security Guard license
- Fluent in English, both written and orally
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months of related security experience
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as a member of a team
- Able to respond to emergency situations
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Law and Security or Police Foundations training
GARDA is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com
We thank all candidates for their interest in GARDA; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Garda is an equal opportunity employer
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.