- Lake Success, NY
For more than 25 years, GCG has earned the confidence and respect of the legal community when it comes to handling administration services for class action settlements, bankruptcy cases, and legal notice programs. During that time, we have been entrusted with the administration of complex, international class action settlements as well as high-profile bankruptcy cases of national import. We have processed tens of millions of claims, mailed more than 287 million notices, handled over 28 million calls, and distributed billions of dollars with demonstrated accuracy and efficiency.
The breadth and depth of our experience, our responsiveness to clients’ needs, our global resources, and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, and other legal professionals requiring administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 1,000 that includes a nationally recognized noticing expert, a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists, and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, GCG’s resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment’s notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.
The Windows Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of all in-house Microsoft infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, securing, updating and optimizing all hardware with the Windows O/S installed. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Manage servers, including, but not limited to, e-mail, print, database, citrix, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on emerging products, technologies, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology and three to four years’ experience in IT or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional certification (MCITP) a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems and understanding of basic Microsoft networking.
- Experience, and understanding, of Microsoft SQL is desirable.
- Experience, and understanding, of Microsoft Exchange, and Outlook, is required.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and problem solving.
- Ability to effectively perform server and security audits.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Please forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
GCG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.