Administrative Assistant, NYC
- New York, NY
For more than 25 years, GCG has earned the confidence and respect of the legal community when it comes to handling administration services for class action settlements, bankruptcy cases and legal notice programs. During that time, we have been entrusted with the administration of complex, international class action settlements as well as high-profile bankruptcy cases of national import. We have processed tens of millions of claims, mailed more than 260 million notices, handled over three million calls and distributed billions of dollars with demonstrated accuracy and efficiency.
The breadth and depth of our experience, our responsiveness to clients’ needs, our global resources and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and other legal professionals requiring administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 1,000 that includes a nationally recognized noticing expert, a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, GCG’s resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment’s notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.
The Business Development Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing a strong administrative platform for the various BD team members to work from. The Administrative Assistant will work in a professional environment and will be responsible for assisting numerous team members. Tasks include, but are not limited to, proposal preparation, expense reporting, travel coordination and basic office management. In addition to executing these tasks, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for tracking activities in predetermined reporting systems, and where needed, develop organized tracking methods to help streamline the administration of the BD department. Strong candidates are self-starters and forward thinkers that can work with various personalities, reacting to, and eventually anticipating, their needs. Organization, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while prioritizing appropriately are a must.
Provide administrative support to the Director and Business Development team to include but not limited to the following:
- Facilitate proposal preparation and tracking
- Process expenses reports and booking travel arrangements
- Manage time entry.
- Coordinate conferences and event registrations with marketing department.
- Coordinate meeting/conference calls
- Maintain all facets of Business Development activity reporting and tracking
Provide office management support to include but not limited to the following:
- Process invoices
- Serve as liaison with building management
- Maintain supply inventory
- Serve as liaison with HR for NY Office needs
- Associates Degree; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in order to create correspondence and communicate to managers and clients
- Effective in managing relationships at all levels of the organizations including external clients
- Must be able to grasp a solid understanding of the business and how it operates to better support the Director, Business Development and Sales team
- Must be able to multi task in a deadline oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Ability to interpret common financial reports and legal documents
- Must be flexible in adapting to a dynamic, fast-paced environment and possess strong problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Please forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
GCG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.