Senior Manager, Human Resources
- Dublin, OH
For more than 25 years, GCG has earned the confidence and respect of the legal community when it comes to handling administration services for class action settlements, bankruptcy cases, and legal notice programs. During that time, we have been entrusted with the administration of complex, international class action settlements as well as high-profile bankruptcy cases of national import. We have processed tens of millions of claims, mailed more than 287 million notices, handled over 28 million calls, and distributed billions of dollars with demonstrated accuracy and efficiency.
The breadth and depth of our experience, our responsiveness to clients’ needs, our global resources, and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, and other legal professionals requiring administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 1,000 that includes a nationally recognized noticing expert, a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists, and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, GCG’s resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment’s notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources is a “hands on” generalist role that will provide significant support in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, and performance and talent management.
The position will be responsible for working with our Ohio Operations team to direct, counsel and execute applicable human resources strategies, programs and initiatives. Initiatives will include talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations and policy interpretation. The successful candidate will understand the necessity and value of building and maintaining effective working relationships with the client groups in order to drive organizational change and achieve sustained team effectiveness.
The Senior Manager will partner with management team to continue growing a diverse thought process and talent pipeline that helps to deliver business results. The Senior Manager may also manage a small team of HR professionals.
More specifically, he/she will be responsible but not limited to the following areas:
- Partner with senior and mid-level management on day-to-day and people related projects that assist clients in achieving business goals, outcomes and solutions.
- Select, appoint, and manage third party vendors; manage supplier relationships; and ensure vendor performance metrics are appropriate and monitored.
- Manage employee relations issues; coach management team on complex employee and performance issues. Ensure that implementation of policies; procedures and reporting are compliant with federal, state and local laws.
- Partner with leadership and HR team to analyze organizational structure, job content, performance standards and overall assessments of all programs and practices against relevant comparable companies and industry and markets.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or similar.
- Must have 7 - 10 years of progressive, hands on HR experience in all HR functions (staffing & recruiting, employee relations, performance management, and legislation and compliance issues).
- Minimum of 5-7 years recruiting and leadership experience.
- Contact Center HR experience a plus.
- Experience that illustrates the ability to manage multiple employment matters simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with, manage and influence senior leadership on key people and employment matters. Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Must have a proven track record of proactive strategic thinking, delivery and sense of urgency in a collaborative environment. A demonstrated record of implementing customized solutions, interventions and strategies to improve organizational results is required. Very strong business acumen and a proven track record of setting and executing HR and business objectives preferred.
- Successful candidate will also have demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees, influence outcomes and establish credibility as a skilled HR business partner.
- Computer software knowledge required, including Microsoft Office Suite and ADP.
- Must be flexible in adapting to a dynamic, fast-paced environment and possess strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- S/PHR preferred.
The Senior Manager of Human Resources must also possess the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Display willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, and make timely decisions.
- Job expertise, knowledge and confidence to act as an HR advisor and advocate at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple, locations and client levels.
- Ability to ensure detailed compliance and reporting needs are met while having the ability to think strategically and broadly in order to create and reinforce an overall HR vision and business plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
GCG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.