- Seattle, WA
For more than 25 years, GCG has earned the confidence and respect of the legal community when it comes to handling administration services for class action settlements, bankruptcy cases, and legal notice programs. During that time, we have been entrusted with the administration of complex, international class action settlements as well as high-profile bankruptcy cases of national import. We have processed tens of millions of claims, mailed more than 287 million notices, handled over 28 million calls, and distributed billions of dollars with demonstrated accuracy and efficiency.
The breadth and depth of our experience, our responsiveness to clients’ needs, our global resources, and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, and other legal professionals requiring administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 1,000 that includes a nationally recognized noticing expert, a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists, and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, GCG’s resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment’s notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business functions and user needs including workflow and program functions. Consult with Operations and coordinate the development of business and functional requirements for specified applications. Drive requirements gathering sessions. Review use cases with project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
- Support moving projects from original concept through final implementation working with Operations to understand and define project concept, objectives, and approach. Track requests and document all steps. Meet regularly with project teams to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Provide input to develop training documentation to the established standards.
- Assist business personnel with testing, evaluation, and validation of new functions and applications, and help identify issues in software.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Information Systems or Computer Science and three to five years’ experience in business analysis with at least one medium to large size systems development and implement project; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated quality management in the performance of duties.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for coordination efforts between department personnel.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrate appropriate time management and project planning skills.
- Seek self-development and learning opportunities.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
Please forward resume and cover letter.
GCG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.