Warehouse Attendant Lead
- Crawfordsville, IN
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Logistics Manager for CSI, Crawfordsville, Indiana, the Warehouse Senior Team Lead Attendant position is responsible for the following activities.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Driving accountability for all warehouse personnel on their shift/crew.
- Coordinating activities in a manner that supports inventory, production, warehouse and shipping activities.
- Receiving and transporting materials and supplies, as well as processing the transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Driving proper procedures for warehouse activities.
- Driving housekeeping activities for the warehouse.
- Driving that all monthly safety training is completed
- Driving all employees to complete monthly IFE/IFO/Job Op’s
- Make sure monthly pest control inspections are getting done by outside contractor
- Assist in assuring the warehouse equipment is available, maintained, and operated in a safe manner.
- SPA for contacting supplier on leased equipment issues
- Coordinate monthly refresher training and maintain file
- Manage raw material move request with ATB
- Maintain vacation schedule and staffing- ????
- Perform weekly Finished Goods Inventory audit and reconcile
- Reconcile PRD daily
- Make sure all product on hold in NFI is placed on hold in Oracle
- Accountable for the Quality Hold Process in the warehouse
- Being conscious and responsible regarding issues of safety and housekeeping.
- Being flexible and willing to adjust to a constantly changing schedule, particularly break periods, overtime, training schedules and possible off hours phone calls.
- Leading by example in all areas: Procedures, Policies, Motivation and Attitude.
- Addressing and documenting all people issues and discussing with the Logistics Manager
- Self motivated and have the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Willing to accept the responsibilities and demands of meeting goals, quality excellence and facilitating the activities of the Warehouse Attendants.
- Flexible and supportive of personnel changes which are in the best interest of CSI.
- Perform all duties of a Warehouse Attendant (H7), and other duties as assigned by Logistics Manager
II. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts, 7am-7pm
- Work Shift: 12 hour shift, with occasional voluntary or mandatory overtime
I. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
A valid Class A CDL is required, mobile equipment license and a high school diploma.
The ability to interface with Oracle, Microsoft Excel, Word and other computerized programs.
The incumbent must be able to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations.
Incumbent must be capable of using data to draw logical conclusions.
Attention to detail is a critical factor in successful performance of this job.
The incumbent must establish sound priorities and objectives, and must effectively use all resources available.
- Education/Training Requirements: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, forklift experience and license required, basic computer and math skills
- PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
- Tools and Equipment: Forklift, mobile equipment, various hand, power and pneumatic tools, computer, railcar hose, writing utensils, tape dispenser, stretch wrap, box cutters, general office supplies and equipment.
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.