Experience Machine Operators/Troubleshooters
- Crawfordsville, IN
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
CSI is looking for experienced operators with a strong maintenance/troubleshooting background. As a Rapid Problem Solver/Operator you will be responsible for running our injection molding machines but will also be the first level of troubleshooting for any problems or issues that happen during normal production. Responsibilities also include:
- Have a high level of safety standards for self and others.
- Maintain and drive good 5S practices.
- Consult the Help Chain with quality issues.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties.
- Ability to setup, adjust, perform preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot manufacturing machinery, to process materials or products that meet quality, quantity, and timing requirements by customers.
- Utilization of all quality tools including, quality checks, attribute data, SPC, pareto charts, graphs, performance data, and calculations to monitor manufacturing process performance, and make proper adjustments as required.
- Work effectively as a member of a process team, filling in for others as needed, adjusting quickly to changes and providing support and assistance to other team members.
- Perform changeovers, clean-outs, and order verifications in flow lines.
- Communicate with Rapid Problem Solvers in your area at shift change.
- Be able to perform all other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Our experienced Rapid Problem Solvers/Operators must have the following:
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment as an operator. Injection molding experience preferred.
- Previous experience troubleshooting production lines is preferred
- Must receive passing status on all pre-employment testing.
- Ability to operate an electric walkie and lift assist.
- Our operators require a Work Schedule: Rotating 12 hour shifts between days and nights 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am
- Rotates from days to nights monthly.
- Work Shift: 12 hour shift, with occasional voluntary or mandatory overtime
- PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
- Tools and Equipment: Various hand and pneumatic tools, writing utensils, radios, phone, hydraulic jack, tool and transport carts, rolling ladders, step stools, computer, brooms, dustpans, blade setting gauge
- Essential Job Functions:
- Physical Demand Category: MEDIUM as based on the Dictionary of Occupational Titles 1991 Revised Edition
- Physical Job Demands (per 8 hour work shift):
- R = Rarely O = Occasionally (1-33%) F = Frequently (34-66%)
- C = Continuously (67-100%)
- O Sitting: On metal stool with footrest, or in cushioned chair with back support and armrests while performing computer data entry, visual inspections and related work tasks
- F Standing: On level concrete surfaces
- F Walking: On level concrete surfaces
- O Lifting: Parts and purge, 40# or less, from floor level up to 48” heights
- O One-Hand Lifting & Carrying: 15 – 38# bucket from 21” height and carrying 15 feet, at times may be up and down steps
- O Carrying: Parts and purge, weighing up to 40#
- O Pushing/Pulling: Transport carts and devices on level concrete floors with forces of up to 30#
- F Reaching: In ranges from floor level up to 65” heights and horizontal reach distances of up to 34”
- O Shoveling: With shoulders at 90-110 degree ranges of flexion using 5# shovel to maneuver concentrate in 54” high box, doing a pulling pushing motion
- F Neck Flexion: Repeated or sustained up to 30 degrees while performing visual inspections and related job tasks
- O Neck Extension: Repeated or sustained up to 20 degrees while performing visual inspections, operating box lift and during other related job tasks
- O Bending/Squatting/Kneeling: To perform inspections, machinery maintenance and related tasks
- O Forward Bent Lifting: To lift purge, weighing up to 40#, out of cart from 12” heights
- O Climbing: 2-7 steps with 7- 12” rise with handrails
- O Grasping: Repeated or sustained grasp, various diameter/width handles, tools, levers, parts with grasp ranges of ½” – 4 ½” diameters, may be repetitive or static positions, may have vibratory component
- C Pinching: Various diameter/width handles, tools, knobs, controls, writing utensils, parts, and plastic closures (1 ¼” x ¾”), may be repetitive or static positions
- O Finger Isolation: To operate machine controls, computer mouse and to perform data entry
- O Thumb Flexion: To operate radio or controls
- O Index & Long Finger Flexion: To operate spray bottle with a reach range of 3”, while performing preventative maintenance tasks and to operate air nozzle and pneumatic drills, may be repetitive or static position, may have vibratory component
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.