- Kilgore, TX
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The Operator position requiring experience and skill in following standard operating procedures, working standards, label standards, and all EHS and Food Safety requirements. The primary focus is the continuous production of quality products, reduction of downtime, ensuring equipment issues are reported to the Production Tech, and continuous flow of product into boxes. Responsible for working with all departments to ensure problems are identified and resolved quickly. This position will report directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Packs and properly labels product based on customer orders and specifications.
- Minimizes waste and scrap; participates in problem solving efforts to make the area more efficient.
- Utilizes Quality Control information to monitor product quality; reports issues to Supervisor.
- Housekeeping-keeps work area clean; uses spare time constructively.
- Promotes teamwork utilizing CSI team principles for working together.
- Follow all procedures and SOP’s for the facility i.e., LTTV, GMP rules, etc.
- Be aware of hazardous materials in the area and the proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Be aware of, understand, and follow emergency procedures.
- Report all spills or other environmental incidents following EHS protocol.
- Follow all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
- Report any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
- Each employee will do one bi-annual Quality/GMP Job Observation located on the EHS website.
- Complies with all OPEX (Operational Excellence) policies, procedures, and guidelines required of them in their current role; completes all required training, audits, and compliance tools.
- Be alert to and welcome new learning opportunities. Always try to increase education/training for yourself.
- Prefer high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in manufacturing.
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Must be flexible, focus on attention to detail, and have enough visual perception to be able to identify closure defects as they are produced.
- Position requires the employee to be trained in the use of walk behind type lifts. The employee must pass both a written and driving test.
- MUST BE OPEN TO FIRST OR SECOND SHIFT
-Teamwork, positive communication with others, and team problem solving are required. Written communication must follow CSI standards and values.
-The incumbent helps provide a safe work place by assisting in developing, promoting and following practices which prevent injury and meet legal safety requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.