Product Design Engineer
- Crawfordsville, IN
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a mechanical engineering role
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide complete product solutions that meet the customer and internal performance requirements. Create technical development strategies and plans that will result in the above product solutions. Provide technical leadership to other engineers designing other elements of the entire system, such as tooling, machining conversions, chucks, cappers, and auxiliary manufacturing equipment. This is not a subordinate position. Lead technical reviews with peers and colleagues. Provides problem analysis solutions to project teams or department heads.
Creation of customer and manufacturing specifications for plastic closures and bottle finishes. Provides second line of technical support for existing product lines under management direction. Support customers, teams, and plant personnel in similar fashion as outlined above based on department management’s permission.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities: none
4. Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
- Wear appropriate required safety gear
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role
- Provide on-shift training relative to specific function
- Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
- Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
- Analyze shift or plant performance data relative to functional specialty and provide the shift leader or Manager with assessments of opportunity
- Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
- Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
- Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
- Participate in work related training programs
- Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
- Able to travel without assistance as required by specific role
- Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
5. Educational and Other Skill Requirements:
This is a professional level position.
The desirable level of education for fully competent performance is a Masters Degree, or equivalent Professional Engineering certification.
The position requires expertise in one or several technical disciplines gained through education and extensive experience of 3 to 6 years.
The Minimum Level of Education needed to qualify for entry into the position is a Bachelor Degree or equivalent, and minimally, 3 to 5 years.
Candidate must be an Individual contributor as well as provide Leadership to others in his / her area. This is accomplished in the provision of expert advice, guidance, or professional services that help define the nature of practices or outputs in their technical or functional areas. They must also minimally possess sufficient skills to supervise technical, vocational, or paraprofessional workers. Candidate must frequently seek cooperation, persuade, or influence others to resolve problems, change people’s minds, or directly produce customer satisfaction. Influences would be on: Own Supervisor, Engineers, Supervisors and Managers, Operations or Plant Personnel, Suppliers, Domestic and International Customers, Other CSI Locations Globally and similar personnel as listed here. The Candidate is accountable for completion of complex tasks, coaching, helping, or advising others, or the management of a sub-function through high level professionals.
Work Schedule: 8 hour days, with occasional after hours work.
Education/Training Requirements: See job description. May vary due to new technologies or requirements.
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
Tools and Equipment: Various writing utensils, radios, phone, computer, printers, fax machines, calculators, various computer software required for specific roles.
Physical Demands: LOW as based on the Dictionary of Occupational Titles 1991 Revised Edition
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.