- Salt Lake City, UT
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principle challenge of this position is to monitor and audit Standard Operating Procedures in the area of Quality SOP’s, operating and containment procedures, and troubleshooting guidelines to ensure execution of SOP’s. Audits manufacturing processes, through checks of product in molding, scoring, lining and printing. Auditing, documenting such as findings, including the above and in addition to defects and defect levels, electronic gauges, and problem solving issues. Will include operations of pull test fixtures in the lab, video microscope and analytical balance, input of data, making of charts and simple analysis, histograms, paretos, X-bar & R, X-bar & s P Charts, and NP Charts.
II. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
III. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS - BEHAVIORS:
1. Communicate clearly in English both verbally and written
2. Wear appropriate required safety gear
3. Attend work regularly and reliably
4. Few problems or disruptions experienced by others on the team; few complaints about the quality, reliability, or quantity of work performed
5. Work flexible shifts and overtime as scheduled or directed
6. Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
7. Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
8. Ensure individual actions reflect overall company commitment to safety
9. Troubleshoot, adjust and repair process equipment as necessary to meet quality and productivity standards; or, pull Help Chain to achieve flow.
10. Assist in the development of others as requested (training)
11. Monitor process to ensure each machine used in your job is properly set up and assure adherence to operational procedures/standardized work
12. Ensure that all process control paperwork or computer entries are completed in an accurate and timely manner
13. Assist production maintenance employees in the repair of equipment as necessary
14. Confer with production manager, shift leader, engineering manager, and tool room employees regarding process concerns
15. Actively supports and participates in quality improvement programs
16. Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
17. Maintain a professional, clean and organized work environment
18. Participate in work-related training programs
IV. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Basic reading and writing skills to effect production reporting. Will receive further training to learn established quality standards and production processes. A high school diploma is required. The job should be performed by someone who has experience with and is familiar with the inspecting process and quality standards. With this experience and on-the-job training, the job should be performed in an acceptable manner within two to four years. Must have above average communication skills. Must have a high attention span. Must have decision-making abilities and follow-up techniques. Knowledge of CSI Quality process. Must receive passing status on all pre-employment testing (Work Keys)
PPE: Hearing and eye protection, hair net, face mask (if has facial hair), gloves to match work tasks, ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes.
Must demonstrate above average communication skills.
Possesses a high attention span and ability to focus on finding defects.
Utilizes excellent decision-making and follow-up techniques.
Lead by example supporting company values and OPEX principles.
Consult the Help Chain with quality issues.
Demonstrate a high level of safety & housekeeping standards for self and others.
Maintain and drive good 5S practices.
Perform daily housekeeping duties and audits.
Communicate with other auditors/RPSs in your area at shift change.
Self-motivated; pulls Help Chain as needed to keep the process flowing.
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
R= Rarely O=Occasionally (1-33%) F= Frequently(34-66%) C=Continuously(67-100%)
O Pushing/ Pulling: Carts on concrete floor.
C Neck Flexion: Sustained and or intermittent while performing visual inspections (and related job functions) to approximately 40 degrees. Greatest duration sustained neck flexion would be
O Bending: Brief duration of sustained forward bending, maximum duration of 4 second, must bend up to 90 degrees at hips and trunk while standing to collect and dump closures, perform inspection related tasks, and to fill colorant container.
F Reaching: In heights ranging from 5” to 65”
O Climbing: Must ascend and descend 4-9 1/2” steps with side rails to dump colorant in bin, 1 repetition per cycle on average. Must ascend and descend 2-5” steps without side rails to do visual check of pellet at molder, 1 repetition per cycle.
O Grasping: Stacks of pre-formed boxes, standard is 4 boxes, each stack of 4 measures approximately 1 ½” thick.
F Pinching: Knobs, controls, writing utensils, plastic closures and related materials from 1/8” to 1 ¼” in diameter.
O Finger Isolation: Machine controls, computer mouse, date entry.
C Sitting: On chair with back support while performing visual inspections and related work tasks. May sit for continuously as long as 20 minutes
O Standing: On concrete surface, intervals of 1 to 15 minutes duration intermittently throughout cycle.
O Walking: 12-19 minutes per cycle on concrete surface.
O Lifting: As much as 35# from 5” to approximately 62”. Lift plastic colorant container and stacks of flat boxes
O Carrying: Plastic buckets / plastic containers ranging in weight from 2# to 35#
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
This position reports to the Shift Supervisor. A regular part of the job is appreciable contact with other employees within the department, in a team effort to meet departmental goals. This includes advising management on production equipment operations and of their findings. Production setting around high speed equipment, product movement and transport. 12-hour shifts, some mandatory OT will be required.
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.