Research & Development Engineer
- 1205 Elmore St, Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International (CSI) is the world leader in closing and capping solutions for beverages industries. Our products are present in Soft Drinks, Water, Dairy, Isotonics, Edible Oils, Food etc. CSI is a geographically diverse business, with manufacturing operations located close to the customer in 21 different countries across the globe, with its largest presence in the US. CSI is a value driven company focused on EHS, integrity, customer, sustainability, people and innovation. CSI is organized into six different geographic regions. CSI is a strategic supplier to all the major beverage customers focused on soft drink, juice, and bottled water. Our business is rapidly growing recently reaching the 100 billion closures
The R&D Engineer will develop innovative packaging and tooling solutions for CSI’s closures business to meet customer needs in our key markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position will work with Business Development and Commercial teams to identify new growth opportunities and take these concepts from concept to commercialization. This position will coordinate closure design, prototyping activities and lab testing, lead industrial trials in production facilities, and be responsible for cost and quality optimization.
• Knowledge of plastic injection and compression molding process and equipment, tool building methods, and equipment development
• Demonstrated excellence in CAD design and solid modeling
• Strong background in plastic materials used in packaging
• Experience in project management, development of timelines, and identifying critical milestones
• Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
• Experience leading R&D programs from concept to commercialization
• Driven to achieve great results throughout the design and development process
• Ability to translate these needs into compelling design
• Ability to consistently earn and maintain the trust of teammates and external customers
• Risk taker that is not afraid to fail and try new things in our innovation process
• Ability to work very effectively with limited direction on multiple high priority programs
• Ability to learn and teach new technologies and skill sets
• Bachelor’s Degree in Polymers Science, Materials, or Chemical Engineering or related technical field
• 1-4 years related experience preferred
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.