- Crawfordsville, IN
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
General accounting responsibilities including Cost Accounting, month end close process, and Asset accounting. Maintain verify product costing. Assist with month end closing process. Coordinate and manage the accounting of the assets of the company. Insure that assets are properly accounted for through the CWIP process. Maintain the asset list in such a manner that asset counts are facilitated. This roll will be key in protection of the fixed assets of the company. Properly capitalizing assets with correct life and code as well as descriptions that will enable ease of asset identification is the beginning. Maintain asset tags on all assets where tags can be applied. Transferring assets both to other locations within CVM ownership as well as to other CSI locations will be part of the administration. Prepare and analyze all necessary reports for both internal CVM, CSI Corporate and external needs to comply with CSI policies. Assist other plants within the organization with these same responsibilities. Some travel may be required. Other accounting responsibilities may be assigned.
Education: 4 Year Accounting Degree is required with 3 to 5 years manufacturing accounting experience preferred.
Wok Schedule: Normal weekday schedule. Work beyond normal hours may be necessary. Travel may be necessary, normally less than 10%.
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves
according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
Tools and Equipment: Various writing utensils, phone, computer, printers, fax machines, calculators,
various computer software required for specific roles.
- Fluent computer skills.
- Must be able to quickly learn new computer programs. Must be data driven.
- Must be able to work effectively with large amounts of data with ease.
- Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to all internal and external customers, efficiently and within process guidelines.
- Must be customer focused, profit, and results oriented.
- Need to be able to maintain physical and administrative control of all assets, including active, inactive and in-process.
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal astuteness are a must. Interaction with all levels of Management and Manufacturing personnel within CSI.
- Learn and adhere to CSI/GEC policies in regards to Asset control/management.
- Communicate and insure compliance with these policies to others in organization.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Excel – spreadsheets, charting, formulas, etc. as well as ability to have or gain knowledge of other software – Oracle, Discoverer, Auto CAD, etc.
- Ability to handle confrontational situations with various levels of plant personnel.
- Effectively analyze problems, obtain data and identify solutions that work. Able to implement permanent corrective action plans.
- Manage asset inventories for the CVM and be accountable for maintaining all aspects of asset and project record keeping.
- Administrative responsibilities include asset transfers, capitalizations, commitment reconciliations, asset cycle counts and project detail analysis. Month end responsibilities include, but are not limited to, asset cycle count reporting, capitalization of project work and reconciliations of open commitments.
- Maintain all asset control with a high degree of accuracy and provide documentation for all transactions processed. Must handle multiple tasks efficiently and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Must be able to work with maintenance personnel, management, contractors, auditors and corporate finance with equal ease. Supportive of driving change in the organization to accomplish business objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment through planning, organization, and follow-through without close supervision. Works effectively in team and group situations.
Essential Job Functions:
Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role
Provide on-shift training relative to specific function
Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
Analyze data relative to functional specialty and provide the Manager with assessments of opportunity
Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
Participate in work related training programs
Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
Able to travel without assistance as required by specific role
Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
Climate controlled office facility with occasional or frequent exposure to manufacturing plant floor. Employees may work around moving parts and mobile equipment. Exposure to noise levels requiring hearing protection when in production area.
*The above job description is a broadly based description and is not intended to contain all specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.