- Crawfordsville, IN
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS
Room Leader must:
- Lead by example supporting company values and CSI principles.
- Be a multi-process operator. (mold, line, score, print)
- Be readily available to production operators, to act as the primary trouble-shooter, and immediately problem solves issues that surface in their assigned area or production cell.
- Understand and be able to work on all auxiliary equipment, material delivery systems, re-grinder, and chillers.
- Help evaluate all team members in all performance reviews.
- Room Leader monitors, audits and works with profile owners to ensure all standardized work is understood and followed. Corrective action is taken when any deficiencies are found.
- Maintain all color matches for both molding and printing for any request.
- Assist in coordinating all orders, changeovers, clean outs, and order verifications including promotions in the flow lines in their assigned areas
- Consult the supervisor with quality issues
- Room Leader will be involved in any customer complaint or issues that involve the flow line, and help/drive: the completion of the 5 why investigation, the submission to the PS team and the implementation of suggested improvements.
- Capable of rebuilding spare tooling. (uppers, lowers)
- Responsible for making sure all key metric data is posted on DMB daily.
- Deliver annual targets set for productivity in assigned room.(OEE, FPS, Uptime, Customer Complaints, Claim values).
- Maintain and enhance a culture of a safe workplace.
- Maintain and drive good 5S practices.
- Effectively and efficiently utilize all available resources assigned.
- Be flexible and willing to adjust to a constantly changing schedule.
- Must be able to explain ideas that will improve teamwork and flow line processes.
- Participate and attend all training and meetings for manufacturing team leads.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Fill in for the supervisor in a professional manner if the supervisor is not in the plant.
Room lead will be responsible to:
- Assign daily work assignments.
- Provide coaching and counseling in the moment to all assigned hourly employees.
- Document performance issues and deliver to shift supervisor.
- Evaluate on a determined frequency the skill level of all assigned hourly employee’s.
- Develop with shift supervisor, improvement plans for underperforming employees.
- Contribute and Participate with Supervisor in all performance review’s, for employees under their direction.
- Clearly communicate all safety, quality, GMP, Food Safety and productivity requirements.
- Perform daily audits and take corrective actions on findings.
- Verify all Shop Floor data being entered for completeness and accuracy. (NFI)
Essential Job Functions:
Physical Demand Category: MEDIUM as based on the Dictionary of Occupational Titles 1991 Revised Edition
Physical Job Demands (per 8 hour work shift):
R = Rarely O = Occasionally (1-33%) F = Frequently (34-66%)
C = Continuously (67-100%)
O Sitting: On metal stool with footrest, or in cushioned chair with back support and armrests while performing computer data entry, visual inspections and related work tasks
F Standing: On level concrete surfaces
F Walking: On level concrete surfaces
O Lifting: Parts and purge, 40# or less, from floor level up to 48” heights
R One-Hand Lifting & Carrying: 15 – 38# bucket from 21” height and carrying 15 feet, at times may be up and down steps
O Carrying: Parts and purge, weighing up to 40#
O Pushing/Pulling: Transport carts and devices on level concrete floors with forces of up to 30#
F Reaching: In ranges from floor level up to 65” heights and horizontal reach distances of up to 34”
R Shoveling: With shoulders at 90-110 degree ranges of flexion using 5# shovel to maneuver concentrate in 54” high box, doing a pulling pushing motion
F Neck Flexion: Repeated or sustained up to 30 degrees while performing visual inspections and related job tasks
O Neck Extension: Repeated or sustained up to 20 degrees while performing visual inspections, operating box lift and during other related job tasks
O Bending/Squatting/Kneeling: To perform inspections, machinery maintenance and related tasks
O Forward Bent Lifting: To lift purge, weighing up to 40#, out of cart from 12” heights
O Climbing: 2-7 steps with 7- 12” rise with handrails
O Grasping: Repeated or sustained grasp, various diameter/width handles, tools, levers, parts with grasp ranges of ½” – 4 ½” diameters, may be repetitive or static positions, may have vibratory component
F Pinching: Various diameter/width handles, tools, knobs, controls, writing utensils, parts, and plastic closures (1 ¼” x ¾”), may be repetitive or static positions
F Finger Isolation: To operate machine controls, computer mouse and to perform data entry
O Thumb Flexion: To operate radio or controls
O Index & Long Finger Flexion: To operate spray bottle with a reach range of 3”, while performing preventative maintenance tasks and to operate air nozzle and pneumatic drill, may be repetitive or static position, may have vibratory component
I. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Possess the technical experience and the ability to provide hands on training to employees. (mold, line/score, and print)
- Process and material flow.
- Has demonstrated success in problem solving in order to train employees to solve issues.
- Good eye/hand coordination; perception to inspect finished work and verify acceptability of product. Must be able to transfer that knowledge to others.
- Clearly understands all Safety, Quality and Productivity standards.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Handle and resolve conflict among team members.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead by example in all areas. Procedures, policies, motivation, and attitude in our ever changing environment
- Possess the knowledge required to successfully navigate and enter all requirements of the shop floor system (NFI)
II. Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts- rotate from days to nights on a monthly basis- on 4 days off 4 days.
Work Shift: 12 hour shift, with occasional voluntary or mandatory overtime
Education/Training Requirements: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
Tools and Equipment: Various hand and pneumatic tools, writing utensils, radios, phone, hydraulic jack, tool and transport carts, rolling ladders, step stools, computer, brooms, dustpans, blade setting gauge
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.