Warehouse Attendant Forklift Operator-CDL A
- Crawfordsville, IN
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
CSI is looking for experienced Warehouse Attendants/Forklift Operators with a current CDL A license preferred. The principal challenge of this position is to perform a variety of material movement tasks for the receiving, warehousing, distribution and shipping of material in efficient and timely manner. This includes both raw materials and finished goods.
A key challenge in this position is to ensure all warehouse equipment is available, well maintained, and operated in a safe manner. Providing appropriate communications and feedback to all individuals involved with overseeing materials movements is crucial in this position to ensure any issues are resolved immediately and accurately.
- Replenish raw materials to production
- Load and unload raw materials and finished goods
- Maintain the warehouse in an orderly and logical manner
- Maintain housekeeping to defined expectations
- Receive all raw materials and finished goods into Oracle (Required for grade H7 and above)
- Perform month-end and periodic inventory counts of raw materials and finished goods in warehouse
- Unload raw materials and finished goods and puts away in warehouse
- Load product on carriers’ trailers for shipment and complete billing in Oracle
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor, including back-up for various functions
Our experienced Warehouse Attendants/Forklift Drivers must have the following:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to lift thirty-five (35) pounds to an elevation of six feet or more
- Understanding of distribution procedures
- Must have valid licenses and qualification to operate various forms of mobile equipment (forklift, CDL Trucks, man lifts,etc.) &/or obtain valid licenses within a designated period of time.
- General knowledge of the production process
- Effectively utilizes available computer tools, including Excel, Word, and Oracle (Required for grade H7 and above)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and the corresponding capability of meeting those needs
- Thorough knowledge of CSI’ safety, Environmental and Health policies.
- Good communication skills
- Exercises good judgment in evaluating situations
- Has excellent follow-through skills
Work Schedule: Rotating 12 hour shifts between days and nights 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am
Rotating from days to nights monthly.
Work Shift: 12 hour shift, with occasional voluntary or mandatory overtime
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work
.Tools and Equipment: Forklift, mobile equipment, various hand, power and pneumatic tools, computer, railcar hose, writing utensils, tape dispenser, stretch wrap, box cutters, general office
supplies and equipment.
Environmental Conditions: Warehouse production facility or office environment which is climate controlled and external environments and conditions. Employees may work around moving parts and mobile equipment. Possible exposure to noise levels requiring hearing
protection if in production area.
R =Rarely O = Occasionally F = Frequently C = Continuously
F Walking: On concrete surfaces, may be on uneven surfaces and up/down 45 degree angle ramp, in an internal and external environments and conditions
O Standing: On concrete surfaces to check stock/inventory, perform quality checks and to complete paperwork, may be in internal and external environments F Sitting: In cushioned seat of truck or forklift, may have vibratory component
O Lifting: Various size boxes (17 ½” x 19” x 15 ¼”, 23” x 16” x 13”) without handles weighing 25# or less, in ranges from pallet level up to 74” heights, and propane tanks weighing 55# in ranges from 14”to 48” heights
O Carrying: Filter/hose of railcar, weighing 30# or less, distances of 50 feet or less, in external environment and conditions
O Pulling: Motorized electric pallet jack distances with forces up to 5#, levers at 26.5-27” heights with forces up to 45#, dock doors (using rope or dock door handles) in upward and downward motions in 7 – 47” ranges with forces of 10# or less, railcar hose across the concrete distances of 7 feet or less with forces of 20# or less, and up to 175# of upward force in
ranges from 14-38” heights
O Pushing: Motorized electric pallet jack with forces up to 5#, lever of railcar drain at 27” height with forces up to 45#, dock doors in upward motions from 47” heights up to various height ranges with forces of 10# or less, and up to 175# of downward force in ranges from 14-38” heights
R Maneuvering: 35 ¾” tall, 22 ¼” drums weighing up to 250# distances of 7 feet or less
O Climbing: Up 21 ¼” high step onto forklift with upper extremity support, and in and out of truck trailer, and up and down stairs, 6 steps with 7” rise
O Squatting/Bending/Crouching/Kneeling: To grasp latch of dock door at floor level, to maneuver hose, chock, levers/hooks and filter at railcar in ranges up to 27”
heights, to perform manual shrink wrapping of pallets
F Reaching: In ranges from floor level up to 74” heights and reach distances of up to 24” during operating forklift, performing railcar job duties, engaging controls, and
replacing boxes onto stacked pallet
O Neck Flexion: Up to 20 degrees during paperwork tasks and quality inspections
O Neck Rotation: Up to 60 degrees to right or left during operation of the forklift/mobile equipment, may be static position
O Trunk Rotation: Up to 45 degrees to right or left during operation of the forklift, may be static position
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.