Electrician - Manufacturing
- Salt Lake City, UT
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Build, repair and modify electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical pneumatic equipment in the following areas: production machinery, laboratory equipment, and new engineering projects having to do with equipment.
II. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
III. PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, protective clothing and protective sleeves, occasional hard hat, face shield and goggles, lanyard, safety harness and other PPE as assigned and required.
IV. Essential Job Functions:
1. Communicate clearly in English both verbally and written
2. Wear appropriate required safety gear
3. Attend work regularly and reliably
4. Work flexible shifts and overtime as scheduled or directed.
5. Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
6. Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
7. Build, repair, modify electrical and or electronics in production machinery and new engineering projects related to equipment (PLC’s and control wiring)
8. Knowledge of electrical and electronic components commonly used in production machines and an expert knowledge of troubleshooting these components (PLC’s and control wiring)
9. Recommend minor changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance
10. Operate machine shop tools as necessary to fabricate non-procurable items such as coils, terminal boards, chassis, etc
11. Assist in writing operational manuals and procedures relating to the operation, maintenance and documentation of company equipment, electronically or electrically
12. Assist company technical personnel in any other manner agreeable to both parties
13. Visual attention to detail work
14. Ability to work with a positive attitude in a team environment
15. Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
16. Maintain a professional, clean and organized work environment
17. Participate in work related training programs
18. The incumbent helps provide a safe work place by assisting in developing, promoting and following practices which prevent injury and meet legal safety requirements.
19. Follow all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
20. Report any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
V. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
College degree in electronic technology or equivalent experience. Applicable skills are acquired by taking additional courses in mechanical and technical (i.e., electrical and electronic subjects and schooling at vendors’ manufacturing facilities.
Must have knowledge of and be able to build electrical and electronic components commonly used in production machines.
Must be able to troubleshoot electrical and electronic components used in production machinery
Moderate contacts with others outside the department or outside the Company, calling for normal cooperation.
Frequent requirement of eye-hand coordination, high degree of dexterity regularly involved.
Some exposure to hazards that could cause relatively serious illness or injury (i.e., exposure to high voltage)
Three to five years is usually required for a person to acquire the mental and manual skills needed to perform the job.
Education/Training Requirements: College Degree with 2-4 years of experience in industrial/electrical controls or equivalent
Tools and Equipment: Various hand, power and pneumatic tools, mobile equipment, transport carts and devices, cleaning supplies, grease gun, aerosol cans, spray bottles, vice grips, air flow gauge, drill press, overhead hoist/crane, compressors, chillers, grinding and vacuum equipment, writing utensils, computer and keyboard mouse, staging gauge, calipers, micrometers, tape measure multimeters, Amp meters, soldering tools
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.