- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and manage the inventory of spare parts used by the production and maintenance departments. This is a key job in the organization and requires the individual to maintain and verify all documentation involved is crucial to insure the integrity of the inventory records and successfully control the dollars being spent in this area.
Job includes entering spare parts transactions; spare parts ordering; working closely with suppliers to bring-in supplies and urgent parts; processing machinery’s semi-weekly parts delivery; maintaining safety stocks based on usage, spikes and installation/removal of machinery; weekly spare parts cycle counting. Perform e-maintenance usage queries and manage returned goods authorization process. Provide customer service for stockroom users to eliminate machine downtime. Participate in annual Global Procurement ASATs using STARS Compliance. EBITDA - manage spare parts process to keep inventories low; work closely with other locations to reduce inventory levels. Supplier management of vendor managed inventories: maintain stock master lists, submit requests for quotations & procurement of new parts for stocking & spot buys. Other responsibilities include safety supplies, repair part business transactions, non stock inventory, OEM parts inventory, and bin stock suppliers. As part of the maintenance department, the crib attendant will participate on different maintenance activities, including: tool cleaning and rebuild, planning for maintenance activities, updating PM documentation, some WI updates and creation, and other maintenance tasks as required.
II. MAJOR CUSTOMERS: PRODUCTS/SERVICES: (Outputs customers require)
Salt Lake City Plant
Utilization of “best practice” procedures to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency of this business function.
Directs and Coordinates material movements with the Warehouse Group.
Accounting: ASAT’s – Inventory module,
Suppliers: All Bin stock suppliers
Maintenance Personnel: Optimum inventory levels to meet their requirements as the business demands and coordination of project planners. Maintenance support through tool cleaning and rebuild, planning of maintenance activities, updating PM documentation, WI updates and creation.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL ENVIRONMENT: (Describe the environment in which this job operates.)
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager. There are no direct reports into this position. It is located in the Salt Lake City Manufacturing Plant
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
V. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required
Experience: Thorough knowledge of CSI’s Safety, Environmental and Health policies.
Knowledge of CSI purchasing policies and procedures.
Broad knowledge of the materials, equipment and services used by the plants.
Good working knowledge of production and inventory control techniques.
Tooling knowledge would be a plus.
· Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to all customers, efficiently and within process guidelines. Must be customer focused, profit, and results oriented.
· Effective communication skills and interpersonal astuteness are a must. Interaction with Suppliers, all levels of Management and Manufacturing personnel within CSI.
· Extensive knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Oracle business system (transactions, receiving, profile and equipment set up, downtime entry), NFI (Shop Floor and Administration), Word, Excel – spreadsheets, charting, formulas, e-maintenance, etc.
· Ability to handle confrontational situations between suppliers and plant personnel. Organize vendor interactions and supply replenishment levels while maintaining log for each supplier.
· Effectively analyzes problems, obtains data and identifies solutions that work. Able to implement permanent corrective action plans.
· Manage component inventory levels for the Salt Lake City Plant and be accountable for maintaining optimum inventory levels. This involves replenishing stock, issuing stock, safety stock levels, lot size levels, integrated supply items, and other strategies as they meet business requirements.
· Administrative responsibilities include ordering and putting away of office supplies, and monitoring the maintenance and engineering budgets
· Month end responsibilities for spare parts and updating the spare parts books on a regular basis.
· Maintain all inventory control with a high degree of accuracy and provide documentation for all transactions processed for a period of seven years. Familiarization with CSI and Inventory Accounting methods is preferred.
· Must handle multiple tasks efficiently and schedule conflicts effectively.
· Must be able to work with maintenance personnel on tool cleaning and rebuild, planning of maintenance activities, updating PM documentation, WI updates and creation.
· Must possess great attention to detail.
· Self-motivated, self-directed, and responsible for delivering results.
· Supportive of driving change in the organization to accomplish business objectives.
· Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment through planning, organization, and follow-through without close supervision
· Works effectively in team/group situations.
VI. Work Schedule: 8 hour days, with occasional after hours work.
VII. Education/Training Requirements: See job description. May vary due to new technologies or requirements.
VIII. PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
IX. Tools and Equipment: Various writing utensils, radios, phone, computer, printers, fax machines, calculators, various computer software required for specific roles.
X. Essential Job Functions:
1. Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
2. Wear appropriate required safety gear
3. Attend work regularly and reliably
4. Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role
5. Provide on-shift training relative to specific function
6. Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
7. Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
8. Analyze shift or plant performance data relative to functional specialty and provide the shift leader or Manager with assessments of opportunity
9. Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
10. Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
11. Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
12. Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
13. Participate in work related training programs
14. Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
15. Able to travel without assistance as required by specific role
16. Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
XI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical Demand Category: LOW as based on the Dictionary of Occupational Titles 1991 Revised Edition
Physical Job Demands (per 8 hour work shift):
R = Rarely O = Occasionally (1-33%) F = Frequently (34-66%)
C = Continuously (67-100%)
C Sitting: On metal stool with footrest, or in cushioned chair with back support and armrests while performing
computer data entry and related work tasks
F Standing: On level concrete surfaces
F Walking: On level concrete surfaces
R Lifting: rarely
R One-Hand Lifting & Carrying:
F Neck Flexion: Repeated or sustained up to 30 degrees while performing visual computer- related job tasks
R Neck Extension:
R Forward Bent Lifting:
R Climbing: some steps and levels in building office areas
O-F Grasping: computer mouse, door handles, file cabinet drawer pulls
F Finger Isolation: To operate machine controls, computer mouse or to perform data entry
F Thumb Flexion: To operate radio or controls, computer mouse, or keyboarding
F Index & Long Finger Flexion: To operate radio or controls, computer mouse, or keyboarding
XII. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Climate controlled office facility with occasional or frequent exposure to manufacturing plant floor. Employees may work around moving parts and mobile equipment. Exposure to noise levels requiring hearing protection when in production area.
*The above job description is a broadly based description and is not intended to contain all specifics of a particular job. This description is not a contract for employment. It does not include all aspects of the position such as potential duties assigned by supervisors with the requirement for flexibility in helping others for the company’s overall benefit.
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.