Quality Warehouse Specialist
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
This position will expedite the disposition of non-conforming product from finished good held product or containments as well as customer returns. This position will be responsible for receiving raw materials to ensure availability for use in production. This position will provide a quality presence in the warehouse and be available for enhanced product sampling.
- Quality hold – ensuring proper labeling and location control of all product on quality hold, ensuring timely disposition.
- Customer returns – evaluate and disposition customer returns in a timely manner, correcting and retuning to inventory Order Entry return immediately
- Point person for off-site warehouse; correct quality hold/damaged product
- Raw Material Incoming Inspection – sample and inspect all incoming raw materials
- Raw Material Labeling – develop and maintain system for labeling incoming materials that do not provide proper information from vendors; Ultimate goal is barcoding of all material.
- Containments – perform material containments as necessary in warehouse eliminating need to transfer product to plant
- Partial Pallets – manage correction and disposition of partial pallets
- Enhanced quality sampling – conduct enhanced inspection of inventory
- Warehouse support – provide occasional support to the warehouse team as needed
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
This position requires an understanding of quality standards; how to operate within the standard. This position requires a mobile equipment license, good record keeping and computer skills, and knowledge of the production warehousing system in order to insure the accuracy of customer invoicing and raw material receipts. This position also requires the ability to lift thirty-five (35) pounds to an elevation of six feet or more and the ability to operate a forklift truck
This position requires reading, writing and computational skills normally acquired through a high school education or its equivalent in experience.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Work Shift: 8-hour shift, with occasional overtime
Education/Training Requirements: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, forklift experience and license required, basic computer and math skills
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.