- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Closure Systems International (CSI) is the world leader in closing solutions for beverages industries. Our products are present in Soft Drinks, Water, Dairy, Isotonics, Edible Oils, Food etc. CSI is a geographically diverse business, with manufacturing operations located close to the customer in 21 different countries across the globe, with its largest presence in the US. CSI is a value driven company focused on EHS, integrity, customer, sustainability, people and innovation. CSI is organized into six different geographic regions. CSI is a strategic supplier to all the major beverage customers focused on soft drink, juice, and bottled water. Our business is rapidly growing reaching the 100 billion closures in 2011. CSI is part of the New Zealand’s Rank Group in the Reynolds Packaging Group which is one of the largest packaging companies in the world and owner of the worldwide famous Reynolds aluminum foil.
I. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• BS Degree Required. Materials Engineer, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineer or equivalent preferred
• 5-10 years of expertise in polyolefin polymers (LLDPE, HDPE, PP, EVA) and polyolefin blends
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CSI is looking for a materials engineer to join the global material science group. This position will report to the director of materials development. The individual will have the responsibility to develop the next generation closure materials. Next generation materials are one of seven strategic focus areas for our business and a key part of our future success. Next generation materials include both cost savings initiatives and technology enablers. Technology enablers are material improvements which allow CSI to achieve new value added closure properties. In addition technology enablers are critical for growth in new markets. The individual will have the responsibility for concept to deployment support of R&D projects. In this role one will get experience working closely with sales, marketing, manufacturing, engineering and procurement. The projects will focus on processes and materials used in the manufacture of closures / bottle caps. The skilled candidate will design and develop methods to understand underlying principles that dictate the performance of the materials in closures. The candidate will be responsible to innovative and create future materials platforms by developing and formulating new polymer blends. The individual will interact across a broad range of levels, expertise, geographic regions as well as stay up-to date on the new developments in technical and patent literature.
There will be a focus on project management and deployment for the North America business unit. The candidate will be responsible for commercialization of key materials initiative. The candidate will drive materials qualifications at our plants and our customers. It will be responsible to help with root cause analysis of material quality issues. There will be opportunity for global travel to support key initiatives, including travel to our R&D centers in China, Spain, Brazil, India and Japan. The position will be located out of Crawfordsville, IN, which is close to both West Lafayette and Indianapolis.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
IV. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
BS Degree Required. Materials Engineer, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineer or equivalent preferred.
5-10 year of experience - preferred
Minimum of 3 years of injection molding experience - Preferred
Injection, compression molding of polyolefin based materials
Strong understanding of injection molding manufacturing
Solid project management skills working with resin vendors, operations plants, and customers to drive projects from start to finish
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required.
Tools and Equipment: Various writing utensils, radios, phone, computer, printers, fax machines, calculators, various computer software required for specific roles.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
2. Wear appropriate required safety gear
3. Attend work regularly and reliably
4. Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role
5. Provide on-shift training relative to specific function
6. Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
7. Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
8. Analyze shift or plant performance data relative to functional specialty and provide the shift leader or Manager with assessments of opportunity
9. Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
10. Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
11. Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
12. Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
13. Participate in work related training programs
14. Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
15. Able to travel without assistance as required by specific role
16. Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
Physical requirements expected of this position: Light Work: Lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or minimum amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls require exertion of forces greater than that of Sedentary Work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.