- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Pack and properly labels production based on customer orders and specifications.Entry Level Position requiring skill set to follow standard operating procedures, working standards, label standards, and all EHS and Food Safety requirements. The Primary focus on continuous packing and visual quality inspection of products assigned to meet or exceed customer packing requirements. Following primary responsibilities will help CSI deliver on eliminating scrap, reducing downtime and the completion of timely repairs to pack station when issues are observed and reported in the moment to drive uninterrupted flow of pack stations. This position will report direct to the production supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Packs and properly labels products based on customer orders and specifications.
- Minimizes waste and scrap; participates in problem solving efforts to make the area more efficient.
- Utilizes Quality Control information to monitor product quality; reports issues to Supervisor.
- Housekeeping-keeps work area clean; uses spare time constructively.
- Promotes teamwork utilizing CSI team principles - working together.
- Follow all procedures and SOP’s for the facility i.e., LTTV, GMP rules, etc.
- Be aware of hazardous materials in the area and the proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Be aware of, understand, and follow emergency procedures.
- Report all spills or other environmental incidents following EHS protocol.
- Follow all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
- Report any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
- Ensure that (where applicable) the supply chain is made aware of their food safety obligations as our partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
High school education or its equivalent.
Understand principles of customer satisfaction and teamwork, and the capability to work with others
to satisfy customer needs.
Must be flexible, focus on attention to detail, and have enough visual perception to be able to identify closure defects as they are being packaged.
The position requires the employee to be trained in the use of walk behind type lifts.
- Teamwork, positive communication with others, and team problem solving are required. Written communication must follow CSI standards and values.
- The incumbent helps provide a safe work place by assisting in developing, promoting and following practices which prevent injury and meet legal safety requirements.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.