- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Education/Training Requirements: High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead by example supporting company values and ABS principles.
Have a high level of safety standards for self and others.
Maintain and drive good 5S practices.
Consult the Help Chain with quality issues.
Perform daily housekeeping duties.
Ability to setup, adjust, perform preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot manufacturing machinery, including HC-8A, HC-20, HC-11, PSG Slitters, HC-14, HC-16, HC-17, Desco top printers, Kase top printers, and all auxiliary equipment to process materials or products that meet quality, quantity, and timing requirements by customers.
Utilization of all quality tools including, quality checks, attribute data, SPC, pareto charts, graphs, performance data, and calculations to monitor manufacturing process performance, and make proper adjustments as required.
Work effectively as a member of a process team, filling in for others as needed, adjusting quickly to changes and providing support and assistance to other team members.
Perform changeovers, clean-outs, and order verifications in flow lines.
Communicate with Rapid Problem Solvers in your area at shift change.
Be able to perform all other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off Straight days or Straight nights
Work Shift: 12 hour shift, with voluntary or mandatory overtime
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Must have mechanical skills at a level that enables the person in this role to operate the technical processes of the Closure Production Department and its related machinery, as well as to perform troubleshooting and problem solving for the processes.
Must be self-motivated.
Must lead by example in all areas: procedures, policies, motivation, and attitude in our ever-changing environment.
Must accept the responsibilities and demands of training employees to meet production goals to a high degree of safety and quality standards.
Must have good hand/eye coordination; perception to inspect finished work and verify acceptability of product. Must be able to transfer that knowledge to others.
Must be aware of and address issues regarding safety and housekeeping.
Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must receive passing status on all pre-employment testing.
Ability to operate an electric walkie and lift assist.
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work area, gloves according to work tasks, and other PPE as assigned and required
Tools and Equipment: Various hand and pneumatic tools, writing utensils, radios, phone, hydraulic jack, tool and transport carts, rolling ladders, step stools, computer, brooms, dustpans, blade setting gauge
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly in English both verbally and written
- Wear appropriate required safety gear
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Work flexible shifts and overtime as scheduled or directed
- Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
- Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
- Respond to process breakdowns, quality problems and logistic problems
- Follow the help chain when unable to resolve problems in the pre-determined time frame
- identify problems and record on problem solving boards
- Perform ICC audits and respond to the reaction plans making adjustments to the process, as necessary
- Make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to manufacturing and auxiliary equipment, including blender, regrinder, material handling equipment, etc
- Maintain accurate records, such as scrap/hold labels, shift productions summary, tool tagging, Gaylord labels, etc
- Provide appropriate communications and feedback to other RPS, support personnel, maintenance, process specialists, cycle personnel and supervisors
- Maintain and improve standardized work practices
- Support productivity improvements by team members
- Utilize root cause analysis to solve problems
- Manage problem countermeasure sheets
- Evaluate and test improvement ideas
- Assist in mistake proofing
- Identify improvements to eliminate waste
- Maintain and suggest improvement to housekeeping and 5s systems
- Maintain and improve manufacturing process performance to target such areas as quality, downtime, scrap, output, utilization, process monitoring, data recording, safety and housekeeping
- Train new RPS’s on the job
- Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional, clean and organized work environment
26. Participate in work related training programs
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.