3D Environment Artist
- Madrid, Spain
Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Madrid? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
Gameloft Madrid is currently seeking experienced 3D artists specialized in environments to create in-game environments and props for a high-profile game project. As 3D Environment Artist at Gameloft Madrid, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Axphalt Xtreme or Gods of Rome, which were created in this studio.
- Modelling in-game environments based on concepts, 3D mock-ups and art direction specifications
- Modelling and texturing levels props for existing levels
- Coordinate closely with the design teams in the level implementation process
- Modelling key level landmarks and props in high-poly
- Implementing assets into the game engine
- Defining shader effects and material properties for props and environment features
- Coordinate with the Lead Artist in implementing final lighting for the levels
- Works under the supervision of the Art Director and Lead Artist
- +2 years of professional experience as 3D Artist in games with a track record of shipped projects.
- Proficient in 3ds Max and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Zbrush.
- Able to model in high-polygon counts.
- Experience in both modelling and texturing environments and props.
- Able to optimize low-polygon or mid-low-polygon models while taking aesthetic and technical considerations into account.
- General knowledge of art and technical standards/constraints for modern games.
- Fluent English.
- Knowledge of games engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Affinity for a realistic 3D art style.
- Experience in high-polygon sculpting (ZBrush,Mudbox,etc).
- Previous experience in environment modelling for racing games.
And above all, motivation and a passion for videogames!
*All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.
Why Join Gameloft Madrid?
- Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere. International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world
- Permanent contract
- Full coverage with health insurance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Flexible schedule
- Dynamic salary review, bonuses and other perks (Game room, ping pong table, free fruits and coffee, parties & joyful events…)
- Workshops, team building activities and free Spanish and English classes.
- Professional growth opportunities supported by a performance review process and a Training Plan.
- If coming from abroad, we offer relocation support.
- Excellent working conditions! Office situated in the very heart of Madrid with rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please note that we will only consider applications including a portfolio.