Studio Art Director
- Madrid, Spain
Interested in working for an exciting company that is redefining the way people play video games? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Madrid? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
As Studio Art Director at Gameloft Madrid, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Asphalt Xtreme and Gods of Rome, which was created in this studio.
Be part of the fast growing gaming industry and don't miss out on this great career opportunity and be a part of a young, dynamic and international video-games studio!
Under the responsibility of the Worldwide Art Director and Studio Manager, your responsibilities will be:
- Lead, mentor, supervise and inspire art team in creating games.
- Assist in the art direction of the games in its pre-production stages and create characters and backgrounds.
- Establish style and implement vision of the games character, environment, logo, user interface design.
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process.
- Maintain effective communication with supervisors, team artists, animators and other departments within the company to manage expectations and results, and ensure all project targets are met or exceeded.
The projects in question are video games for iPhone, iPad, tablets, social networks and mobile phones.
- >10 years´ experience in the video game industry and at least 3 as Art Director/Lead Artist.
- From a technical point of view, you master Photoshop and 3DSMax.
- Versatile in your graphical style; ranging from casual to realistic triple A.
- You have experience in managing artists with a high-quality driven mind-set.
- Strong, proven knowledge and skills in fonts, graphic design principles, user interface function and design (clean, simple, fresh and readable art assets).
- Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished product, not afraid of making a lot of tries and iterations.
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts.
- Track record in delivering excellent work while managing dynamic, competing priorities.
- Samples or demo reel with examples of your work.
- You have a good level of written and spoken English.
Why Join Gameloft Madrid?
- Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere. International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world
- Permanent contract
- Full coverage with health insurance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Flexible schedule
- Dynamic salary review, bonuses and other perks (Game room, ping pong table, free fruits and coffee, parties & joyful events…)
- Workshops, team building activities and free Spanish and English classes.
- Professional growth opportunities supported by a performance review process and a Training Plan.
- If coming from abroad, we offer relocation support.
- Excellent working conditions! Office situated in the very heart of Madrid with rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Want to know more? Please visit our Website: www.gameloft.com