Lead 3D Animator
- New Orleans, LA
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity! New Orleans is home to superb music, architecture, food, and art –which are parts of its very fabric – and is one of the most culturally and historically rich cities in America. We are the festival capital of the world and have an endless list of both nightlife and family activities. In New Orleans, you will simply never run out of things to do!
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Create believable, high-quality animations and implement them in games;
- Join forces with the Game Designer and Art Director on the game creation process;
- Contribute to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints;
- Provide guidance and training to junior animators;
- Push and maintain high quality standards;
- Review and provide feedback on animations in studio and from outsource and update teams;
- Manage, schedule, monitor tasks given to animators;
- Guide and mentor studio animators, encourage ideas and creativity;
- Suggest/propose creative ideas and solutions to animation challenges;
- Work closely with Technical Artists and other studio leads Work closely with Studio Managers
- and Producers, reporting progress or issues and solutions;
- Contribute to creating great animations for our games.
- Over 5 years’ experience in 3D Studio Max and Character Studio;
- Ability to define and execute creative and stylish animations (vehicles, objects, characters);
- Working experience on PC or consoles is a major asset;
- A solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration is an asset;
- Deep understanding of animation principles and how best to employee these;
- Deep understanding of body language, timing, IKFK switching and can bring life to just about anything for games;
- Strong understanding of rigging, including technical processes, function and requirements;
- A mastery with various animation styles, realistic and cartoony in both 3D and 2D, and what makes them so;
- Experience with Biped, Cat and Custom rigs a plus;
- Experience with Tortoise SVN;
- Enjoys playing the types of games we make!
And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- You want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing
- You want to work within a team made up of people motivated by and passionate about their field
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues all over the world
- You want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others
- You want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones
- You’re looking for great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space
- Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!