- McLean, VA
Gannett is an international media and marketing solutions company providing millions of people with the information they want; and connecting them to their communities of interest through multiple platforms including Internet, mobile, newspapers, magazines and TV.
As an innovative industry leader, Gannett engages consumers wherever they are with its powerful brands and trusted content. The company helps businesses grow by providing marketing solutions that reach and engage their customers across its diverse platforms.
Gannett is a digital leader with more than 100 U.S. newspaper and TV station web sites; CareerBuilder.com, the nation's top employment site; and Gannett Digital Media Network, which includes top brands like USATODAY.com, MomsLikeMe.com, HighSchoolSports.net, Metromix.com, and action sports networks BNQT and Venture.
Gannett Digital, a top 20 digital-media company seeks a Senior Software Developer to join the USA TODAY/Gannett Digital Platform team based in Tysons Corner, VA. The Platform team facilitates the architectural planning, operation and execution of software solutions to support Gannett’s digital platform. The team is responsible for formulating new technology solutions to existing business problems, developing tools to support the solutions and integrating 3rd party API’s such as analytics, advertising, social, user authentication, user generated content, video, etc.
- Design, develop and deploy software solutions particularly focused on Gannett Digital’s advertising system / framework.
- Interface with product owners and stakeholders to understand, gather and refine requirements and translate the business requirements and vision into technical requirements
- Troubleshooting problems
- Peer code review
- Mentor other developers on technologies and software coding practices
Other Skills Required
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities and communicate progress.
- Fresh ideas and diversity in style.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced performance oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in application development and integration (building products end to end).
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills.
- Experience in integrating with 3rd party REST API’s.
- Knowledge of Django / Python a plus.
- Knowledge of online ad serving particularly DFP a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, continuous integration, GitHub, Git, Test Driven Development a plus.