Jr. Inside Sales Representative
- Scottsdale, AZ
Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the U.S., is constantly evolving with digital marketing solutions by helping brands and businesses reach millions of customers daily. The average consumer sees 5,000 advertisements each day. For businesses and brands to grow, it takes a strategic and adaptable marketing plan that reaches consumers through multiple channels.
Gannett has created a powerful solution for businesses and brands of all sizes to drive growth, retention and customer acquisition. Ownership of recognized digital brands like BLiNQ Media, PointRoll, ShopLocal, DealChicken, GannettLocal, and the KeyRing mobile app, and much more have allowed Gannett Digital Marketing Services the ability to leverage an integrated marketing opportunity for businesses across the country. Each partnership works seamlessly together, providing a marketing mix that incorporates social media advertising, digital circulars, mobile marketing, daily deal coupons, SEO, PPC, retargeting and digital word-of-mouth campaigns to help businesses stand out in the crowded market place.
Combining Gannett’s success for over 100 years as a media and marketing company, and its revolutionary online partnerships, businesses and brands now have the opportunity to utilize the power of one with Gannett Digital Marketing Services (GDMS).
Gannett Digital Marketing Services (GDMS), a division of Gannett, a media and marketing solutions company, is seeking an Inside Sales Junior Account Representative to sell the company’s “Digital Marketing Solutions Suite” into the SMB market. That “Solutions Suite” includes SEO, PPC, SEM, Daily Deals, E-mail Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Social Media, Web Dev, and Retargeting.
For this role, we are seeking passionate, outgoing individuals to sell Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions to the SMB market (B2B) which spans across different industries and types of businesses. Our digital marketing solutions help SMB’s to a) drive better overall sales and marketing intelligence/insight into their businesses; b) acquire more new customers, c) retain more existing customer relationships; d) expand their revenues with existing customers, e) drive new revenue streams through better execution on of their marketing & lead generation campaigns and programs; and f) take marketing operational costs out of their business, thus, driving better marketing ROI.
The right person for this role will be able to understand client and prospect business goals; recognize buying signals/selling opportunities, and present Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions and programs that are clearly superior to the marketing programs they currently have in place.
- 1-3 years of part –time or full time job experience with preference given to candidates with phone or prior selling experience
- Experience/interest in cold calling
- Must be familiar and have a passion for the digital world, especially social media
- Experience with/or passion for social commerce, daily deals and local businesses preferred
- Drive the full sales cycle, from prospecting for new business to closing a high volume of sales
- Establish a consistent pipeline of local businesses to target for digital products on a daily basis via lead generation
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis
- Develop lasting account relationships with local prospects across the nation through telesales
- Deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations that highlight GDMS‘s competitive advantages and superior marketing ROI for prospects/clients
- Stay abreast of industry news, competition and consumer trends – thus, being the SMB/ Marketing resident expert
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly pick up on training and product knowledge
- Open to coaching and on-going education of products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions
- Knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- Strong client related presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required