Account Executive Gannett Digital Social Commerce
- Rochester, NY
The concept is simple. DealChicken alerts its subscribers to a fresh daily deal. Everyone who purchases the deal can redeem the deal the day after it closes, and start enjoying 50-90% on all the things they love to do, eat, buy and experience right in their backyard.
Who's behind DealChicken?
Sure, there are other social commerce sites. But the DealChicken difference is this: Behind every local site, there’s an already established quality Gannett media outlet with strong local business ties. DealChicken first hatched in Phoenix, but now, DealChicken is in more than 50 cities that are associated with one of Gannett’s owned and operated newspapers or broadcast outlets.
Drive the full sales cycle, from prospecting for new business to closing a high volume of sales. You will be on the front lines of this product, and its success will depend on you. Identify your city’s best local businesses – the hidden gems – and work with them to offer great deals to consumers. Present the value of social commerce – with in-person, telephone or written presentations – as a way for local merchants to grow their businesses and attract new customers. Establish a consistent pipeline on a daily basis via lead generation. Identify clients’ needs and cultivate effective sales strategies in face-to-face meetings. Work to meet the needs of both merchants and consumers by sourcing win-win deals. Prepare proposals/contracts, and negotiate contract terms/arrangements with client within specified parameters. Work intensively with the rest of the social commerce team to launch the product in your city. Work with other staff and get sales prospects and leads. Provide consultation and expertise to clients concerning post-deal business management and retention. Meet and exceed individual revenue goals. Only occasional travel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Rochester and their local businesses.
- Two years sales experience – advertising or related B-to-B sales – required. Digital sales experience preferred.
- Experience canvassing and cold calling, with a documented track record of sales success.
- Proficient at conducting needs analysis.
- Organized and committed to maintaining customer relationship management data.
- Marketing or public relations experience also a plus.
- Must be familiar with and passionate about the digital world, especially social media.
- Experience with and/or passion for social commerce, daily deals and local businesses/experiences preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills.
Gannett offers and excellent compensation package including base salary, generous commission, incentives, bonuses, and benefits.