Regional Account Executive (Digital Advertising Sales)
- White Plains, NY
Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the U.S., is constantly evolving with digital marketing solutions by helping brands and businesses reach millions of customers daily. The average consumer sees 5,000 advertisements each day. For businesses and brands to grow, it takes a strategic and adaptable marketing plan that reaches consumers through multiple channels.
Gannett has created a powerful solution for businesses and brands of all sizes to drive growth, retention and customer acquisition. Ownership of recognized digital brands like BLiNQ Media, PointRoll, ShopLocal, DealChicken, GannettLocal, and the KeyRing mobile app, and much more have allowed Gannett Digital Marketing Services the ability to leverage an integrated marketing opportunity for businesses across the country. Each partnership works seamlessly together, providing a marketing mix that incorporates social media advertising, digital circulars, mobile marketing, daily deal coupons, SEO, PPC, retargeting and digital word-of-mouth campaigns to help businesses stand out in the crowded market place.
Combining Gannett’s success for over 100 years as a media and marketing company, and its revolutionary online partnerships, businesses and brands now have the opportunity to utilize the power of one with Gannett Digital Marketing Services (GDMS).
Gannett Digital Marketing Services (GDMS)
Regional Account Executive – Outside Sales (SMB)
DMS Regional Account Executive (reports to DMS Regional Sales Director)
For this role, we seek a seasoned Sales Executive (hunter type mentality) to sell Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions to the SMB market (B2B) which spans across different industries and types of businesses. Our digital marketing solutions help SMB’s to a) drive better overall sales and marketing intelligence/insight into their businesses; b) acquire more new customers, c) retain more existing customer relationships; d) expand their revenues with existing customers, e) drive new revenue streams through better execution on of their marketing & lead generation campaigns and programs; and f) take marketing operational costs out of their business, thus, driving better marketing ROI.
The right person for this role will be able to understand client and prospect business goals; recognize buying signals/selling opportunities, and present Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions and programs that are clearly superior to the marketing programs they currently have in place. This role is a blend of developing business from prospects within a defined geography as well as expanding, thru cross sell, existing client relationships.
- Create, implement & execute on a Sales Territory/Account Plan to drive GDMS direct sales efforts & revenue results in an assigned local market territory
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis
- Develop lasting account relationships with SMB type prospects in local market territory
- Maximize cross selling opportunities within targeted existing GDMS client relationships
- Work independently from, & along-side, Gannett Affiliate (Newspaper and Broadcast) Advertising & Digital sales reps – selling jointly the GDMS Solution suite
- Work with GDMS account management and Gannett Affiliate Advertising & Digital sales reps to maintain a robust pipeline of new opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Lead all aspects of the GDMS Solution sales effort - from initial qualification of a prospect thru the execution of contracts and hand offs upon conclusion of the sale
- Perform extensive needs assessments with prospects (acquisition), and existing customers (cross sell) to determine how GDMS can offer the best solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SMB’s marketing programs
- Deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations that highlight GDMS‘s competitive advantages and superior marketing ROI for prospects/clients
- Develop needs-based solution proposals and resolve any post-proposal challenges with initial on-boarding of new clients
- Fully understand, and effectively articulate the features, competitive advantages, and applications of GDMS’s solutions (competitive positioning) to prospects/clients
- Identify, organize and focus GDMS’s internal resources (pre-sales and post sales) that are required to affect closure of new sales opportunities
- Stay abreast of industry news, competition and consumer trends – thus, being the SMB/ Marketing resident expert
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
- Digital Sales background (i.e. paid search, social, email, mobile, and daily deals)
- Experience selling into the SMB (B2B) market
- Consultative/Solutions/ROI selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly and monthly Sales KPI’s
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Management and Marketing related reporting tools
- Demonstrated & quantifiable history of meeting and exceeding annual sales objectives
- Demonstrated experience in selling “Services” via a consultative selling methodology
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions
- Technically proficient in CRM, Campaign Mgt and Marketing related reporting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- Strong client related presentation and communication skills.
- Regional travel estimated to be 35 – 40% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required, Advanced degree a plus
Gannett offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a competitive salary and bonus potential, as well as the following:
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Sales incentives
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Mortgage Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- No cost basic life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discount programs
**Gannett is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace**