Outside Account Executive - Digital Advertising Sales
- Minneapolis, MN
Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the U.S., is constantly evolving with digital marketing solutions by helping brands and businesses reach millions of customers daily. The average consumer sees 5,000 advertisements each day. For businesses and brands to grow, it takes a strategic and adaptable marketing plan that reaches consumers through multiple channels.
Gannett has created a powerful solution for businesses and brands of all sizes to drive growth, retention and customer acquisition. Ownership of recognized digital brands like BLiNQ Media, PointRoll, ShopLocal, DealChicken, GannettLocal, and the KeyRing mobile app, and much more have allowed Gannett Digital Marketing Services the ability to leverage an integrated marketing opportunity for businesses across the country. Each partnership works seamlessly together, providing a marketing mix that incorporates social media advertising, digital circulars, mobile marketing, daily deal coupons, SEO, PPC, retargeting and digital word-of-mouth campaigns to help businesses stand out in the crowded market place.
Combining Gannett’s success for over 100 years as a media and marketing company, and its revolutionary online partnerships, businesses and brands now have the opportunity to utilize the power of one with Gannett Digital Marketing Services (GDMS).
Are you connected in your community? Are you a go-getter who can stay motivated work independently? Be a key part of a new product team and be rewarded for your hard work – that means high compensation potential. The DealChicken social commerce team seeks a local account executive with a passion for finding the best local businesses in town and working with them to create great deals for consumers. Use your business connections and your talent for getting to decision-makers to close consultative sales. Work in a fun startup-like environment building a new product in the rapidly growing daily deals space. The successful candidate will be outgoing, persistent, driven and prepared to sell the sort of deals to retailers, entertainment events and restaurants that you’d want to buy yourself.
- Drive the full sales cycle, from prospecting for new business to closing a high volume of sales. You will be on the front lines of this product, and its success will depend on you.
- Identify your city’s best local businesses – the hidden gems – and work with them to offer great deals to consumers.
- Present the value of social commerce – with in-person, telephone or written presentations – as a way for local merchants to grow their businesses and attract new customers.
- Establish a consistent pipeline on a daily basis via lead generation.
- Identify clients’ needs and cultivate effective sales strategies in face-to-face meetings.
- Work to meet the needs of both merchants and consumers by sourcing win-win deals.
- Prepare proposals/contracts, and negotiate contract terms/arrangements with client within specified parameters.
- Work intensively with the rest of the social commerce team to launch the product in your city.
- Work with other staff to get sales prospects and leads.
- Provide consultation and expertise to clients concerning post-deal business management and retention.
- Meet and exceed individual revenue goals.
- Only occasional travel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Minneapolis and its local businesses.
- Two years sales experience – advertising or related B-to-B sales – required. Digital sales experience preferred.
- Experience canvassing and cold calling, with a documented track record of sales success.
- Proficient at conducting needs analysis.
- Organized and committed to maintaining customer relationship management data.
- Marketing or public relations experience also a plus.
- Must be familiar with and passionate about the digital world, especially social media.
- Experience with and/or passion for social commerce, daily deals and local businesses/experiences preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills.
Gannett offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a competitive salary and bonus potential, as well as the following:
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Sales incentives
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Mortgage Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- No cost basic life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discount programs
**Gannett is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace**