Regional Sales Manager
- Cleveland, OH
Gannett, the largest newspaper publisher in the U.S., is constantly evolving with digital marketing solutions by helping brands and businesses reach millions of customers daily. The average consumer sees 5,000 advertisements each day. For businesses and brands to grow, it takes a strategic and adaptable marketing plan that reaches consumers through multiple channels.
Gannett has created a powerful solution for businesses and brands of all sizes to drive growth, retention and customer acquisition. Ownership of recognized digital brands like BLiNQ Media, PointRoll, ShopLocal, DealChicken, GannettLocal, and the KeyRing mobile app, and much more have allowed Gannett Digital Marketing Services the ability to leverage an integrated marketing opportunity for businesses across the country. Each partnership works seamlessly together, providing a marketing mix that incorporates social media advertising, digital circulars, mobile marketing, daily deal coupons, SEO, PPC, retargeting and digital word-of-mouth campaigns to help businesses stand out in the crowded market place.
Combining Gannett’s success for over 100 years as a media and marketing company, and its revolutionary online partnerships, businesses and brands now have the opportunity to utilize the power of one with G/O Digital.
G/O Digital, a division of Gannett, a media and marketing solutions company, is seeking a Regional Sales Manger (RSM) to run a team of Outside Sales (Regional Account Executives) selling into the SMB market, who reside across multiple local markets that sit within a geographically defined regional structure.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be a front line Sales Leader for G/O Digital in these local markets with between 6 to 10 direct reports (Regional Account Executives) who are selling into the SMB. The RSM should be an experienced SMB sales professional with a background balanced between a) outside sales management experience, b) individual/personal selling success shown by ability to present and close business, and c) a “best in class” knowledge of the SMB market around paid search, social products and the daily deals market. This person will be responsible for identifying, hiring, developing, training, managing and leading a sales team of highly skilled digital marketing Account Executives who are selling a unique and complimentary suite of digital marketing products to the SMB market including SEO, PPC, SEM, Daily Deals, E-mail, Mobile, Social Media, Web Dev, and Display Advertising.
- Implement a sales strategy to drive the sales process within a specific region
- Meet and exceed revenue goals and targets.
- Forecast sales revenue targets for each market.
- Work with Gannett affiliates to launch the digital products in new cities.
- Develop key account relationships in your region.
- Conduct sales training and share best practices across the team.
- Work with account executives to maintain a pipeline through Salesforce.com.
- Stay abreast of industry news, competition and consumer trends.
- Foster teamwork that drives motivation and retention.
- Responsible for hiring, and other employee related issues.
- 7-10 years overall sales experience in an individual contributor or management role
- 2-3 years in sales mgmt including remote team management of 5+ account executives
- Background in selling digital marketing services products (paid search, social and daily deals) to the SMB market.
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding budgeted revenues in the SMB market
- Demonstrated track record of success in building successful outside sales teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in selling teaching, training and motivating sales people to sell in a fast paced every changing business model
- Proven collaborative style of management with the ability to influence and get results working through and with others in a matrixed reporting structure
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Should be able to travel regionally 40-50% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
Gannett offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a competitive salary and bonus potential, as well as the following:
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Sales incentives
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Mortgage Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- No cost basic life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discount programs
**Gannett is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace**