- Los Gatos, CA
Located in Los Gatos, CA, GeneWeave Biosciences is a venture-backed startup that is developing a transformative infectious disease diagnostic platform. GeneWeave is expanding its R&D Team and is seeking individuals that are excited to join a small and rapidly growing company where one’s success is intimately linked with the success of the company. At GeneWeave you will experience a strong entrepreneurial culture and participate in building products that will transform healthcare.
GeneWeave is seeking a Sr. Scientist-level candidate to join the Research Team. This is a unique position on the R&D Team that will report directly to GeneWeave’s CTO and work closely with the Marketing Team as well as the Management Team.
This position will have two core responsibilities: (1) Design and execute experiments for the purpose of generating peer-reviewed scientific publications, poster presentations, and whitepapers that demonstrate various aspects of GeneWeave’s technology and products. (2) Design and execute experiments for the purpose of testing GeneWeave's platform technology capabilities for the purpose of defining future products. The individual will be expected to perform as an outstanding scientist, writer, and presenter while working closely with the company’s Research and Development teams.
Please note that the following requirements are absolutely essential and applicants without experience in the following areas will not be considered for the position:
- Experience with Biosafety Level 2 work involving multidrug-resistant pathogenic bacteria
- Strong background in molecular biology, microbiology, and assay development
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals
In addition, the following experience is desirable:
- Experience with antimicrobial susceptibility testing
- Experience with assay development of in vitro diagnostic products designed for FDA clearance
- Experience with automated fluid-handling systems
- Coordinating with Research, Development, Marketing, and Management to meet goals
- Executing experiments, analyzing data, and presenting results to company staff
- Publishing peer-reviewed articles, conference posters, and whitepapers
- Presenting results at scientific conferences
Keywords: Scientist, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Assay Development, Multidrug Resistant Organisms (MDRO), Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST), in vitro Diagnostic (IVD), Bacteria, BSL2, FDA
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- MS or PhD Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field (PhD preferred)
- 5-8+ years industrial experience in developing biological assays
- Experience with BSL2 microbiology and molecular biology
- Strong scientific writing and presentation skills