- Calgary, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $3 billion in international sales, more than 12,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
Deliver objective and unbiased insights on the consumer, shopper, category, competition, and market to a retailer’s category manager and the CBD customer team. Implement recommendations on shelving, assortment and merchandising strategies. Implement total category objectives for the retailer.
1. Support the development of category objectives, strategies and tactics with their assigned retailer.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to accelerate total category/department performance.
- Provide technical Category Management support by accessing and gathering information through available sources such as ACNielsen scanner and retailer specific data sources.
2. Create equity with the retailer as a value-added trading partner.
- Consistently deliver significant, creative actionable insights that set GMCC apart from the competition.
- Develop relationships with assistant buyers and critical mirror functions within the retailer.
- Penetrate shelf (modular) planning and merchandising departments.
3. Execute against actionable consumer insights for competitive advantage
- Achieve an expert level of familiarity with broad and customer specific consumer insights for a defined category including consumer behavior (purchase behavior, demographics, trends, competition).
- Assist in conducting, analyzing and packaging category best practice research.
4. Assist CDM to create actionable trading area insights for category growth.
- Evaluate “Best in Class” category performers for actionable insights.
- Evaluate consumer/shopper trends that relate to retailer choice and expand into actionable ideas for the retailer.
5. Special Projects
- Assist CBD and Trade Marketing with analytical projects for assigned customers/categories.
- Assist with data needs for collaborative sessions as it relates to category/retailer performance.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are executed.
- Engender trust at all levels
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity
Reports directly to the Category Development Manager.
Works closely with:
- Customer Managers
- Aisle Development Team
- Plan-o-gram Specialist
- Consumer Insights
- Trade Marketing Teams
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Business.
- 1-2 or more years experience in Sales.
- Direct Account and Retail sales experience preferred.
- Problem Solving and Analytics
- Strategic Business Planning
- Selling and Negotiating
- Customer and Category Expertise