Junior Quality & Regulatory Operations (QRO) Product Manager
- Mississauga, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $3 billion in international sales, more than 12,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
This development and growth position within the QRO (Quality & Regulatory Operations) organization provides food safety, product quality, regulatory risk guidance to business teams, R&D; manufacturing locations, supply chain and customer teams. Additionally, connects directly with business results by leading the quality improvement projects, product launches and HMM initiatives.
- Ensure food safety, regulatory compliance and quality of General Mills products and brands
- Makes key decisions related to product quality and food safety while under time pressure
- Provides risk assessment and root cause analysis including implementation of corrective action plans
- Quality/food safety leadership for new product launches, HMM initiatives and plant start-ups
- Lead quality improvement and complaint reduction efforts
- Ensure compliance to GMI and regulatory requirements by auditing at Contract Manufacturing Plants
- Ensure accuracy of specifications for allergen, date coding, shelf life, freshness ship and other quality requirements
- Primary business partners:
- Operations Business Manager
- Research & Development
- Logistics Operations Planer
- Plant Quality Engineer
- Quality & Regulatory Operations Labelling
- Marketing Department
- General Mills Customer Service Officers, Consumer Insights
- Other key business partners:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Science or Engineering
- Food Safety/Quality work experience in food consumer packaged goods industry
Proven Skills in the following areas:
- Superior analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and deliver results , with multiple levels of management and external retail staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who is able to influence others and lead change within the business and functional teams
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative to quickly adapt when faced with changing or competing priorities
- Demonstrated flexibility in learning and approach
- Business travel required