Payroll and Benefit Specialist
- Mississauga, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $3 billion in international sales, more than 12,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
The incumbent will provide Payroll and Benefits expertise to expertly administer Company policies and programs.
Supporting the annual merit and incentive programs and acting as point of contact for employees and retirees on all
pay, benefit, pension and RRSP plans is also required. This individual will act as the Canadian payroll expert and will
liaise with Internal/External Auditors, US Payroll and Human Resources Service Centre (HRSC) departments.
- Strong knowledge of SAP-HR
- Demonstrated Payroll knowledge and expertise
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills, adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate a situation and make value-added recommendations
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with the team
- Develops trusted working relationships with employees at all levels
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Displays a positive attitude and high level of professional maturity at all times
SAP – Payroll
• Stay current on ever-changing Canadian tax and payroll rules and regulations and proactively share insights with US- Payroll
• Process e-changes for employee separations and returns from leaves of absence
• Process employee terminations (RRSP, Pension, etc...)
• Process employee data changes (addresses, RRSP contribution rate, Long/Short term Disability)
• Process severances and calculate maternity leaves top-ups, Flex Pension Plan contribution limits
• Ensure payroll compliance with legislation and tax requirements by working with the HRSC to ensure data entry accuracy and with internal & external auditors on to ensure compliance
SAP - Reporting
• Provide HR Mgrs and VP with ad-hoc and fixed monthly reports (ie: salary, headcount, position change)
• Facilitate RRSP, Flex Plan, Pension Plan enrolment or plan changes
• Support SAP data validation process
• Point of contact for industry benchmarking compensation surveys
• Responsible for benefit remittances (i.e.: Manulife, Sunlife, etc.)
• Provide yearend calculation of Pension Adjustments and taxable benefits for T4’s
• Provide quarterly calculation and processing of Pension Adjustment Reversals
• Onboard new hires as required
• Act as point of contact for Retiree pension/benefit related questions
• General Mills Canada HR, General Mills Canada Plant HR/Payroll, HRSC, General Mills US -Payroll, governments, US International Assignments, Vendors, Internal/External Auditors, Internal Department Resources
• Undergraduate business degree preferred
• 3+ years related experience
• Payroll Designation required