Sales and Operations Planning Manager
- Mississauga, Canada
Are you interested in working for General Mills Canada and being a part of an outstanding company that makes some of the best-loved brands in the world and can provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your career?
With nearly $18 billion in international sales, more than 41,000 international employees, superior global brands and a culture of excellence and innovation, General Mills is an exciting place to work!
At General Mills Canada, we are an important source of growth and development for an award-winning company that sells consumer food products in more than 100 countries around the world. Our business is driven by passion and a commitment to excellence. We have a focused, results-driven culture that combines exciting opportunities and projects with the chance to partner with talented people who have distinct goals and ambitions. When you join the General Mills family, you’re telling the world that you’re among the very best.
REPORTS TO: Director, Supply Chain Development
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
LOCATION: General Mills Canada – Mississauga, ON
The Sales and Operations Manager will lead the implementation of the Sales and Operations Planning Process, will facilitate actions directed at delivering service targets while balancing other Key Performance Indicators and will optimize key promotional and product execution. This individual will be a Continuous Improvement champion who will identify opportunities and drive improvements. The Sales & Operations Manager will be the key point of contact at GMCC for issue resolution for the North American Logistics Planning team. In this role, s/he will facilitate communication on manufacturing and inventory solutions, plant and business unit goals, and strategic capacity requirements.
- Launch and lead Sales and Operations Planning process in collaboration with North American Logistics Planning teams and GMCC Demand Planning.
- Facilitate monthly Business Unit S&OP meetings and Executive S&OP meetings
- Drive standardization in the S&OP processes across manufacturing platforms and business teams
- Liaise with key functional teams to ensure clear understanding of purpose and team responsibility related to the process.
- Lead and/or support trouble-shooting and problem resolution for planning issues impacting service, cost or quality.
- Assess service issues and develop a communication strategy to escalate issues within GMCC
- Partner with key functional teams (Trade, CSC, Sales, Logistics Planning, Deployment, Demand Planning) to determine action plans to manage service disruptions
- Participate in post analysis to determine root cause of service disruptions
- Continually review processes to provide earlier insight on service risk and appropriate mitigation steps.
- Lead coordination of key promotional and product lifecycle events that span across manufacturing platforms including new products, In/Outs, Vis Val and Special Packs. Responsibilities will include but are not exclusive to:
- Coordinate Supply Chain execution of new products
- Oversee the execution and management of In/Outs
- Manage the Special Pack execution planning process
- Identify process improvement and project opportunities and work in conjunction with the North American Logistics Planning team and GMCC business teams to implement solutions.
- Key GMCC liaison with the North American Logistics Planning team
- Directly manages 1-2 employees
- University Degree
- Experience in Demand and Supply Planning
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies and GMI tools
- Project Management experience
- General knowledge of Supply Chain network design
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience influencing, motivating and leading others
- Ability to build a network of trusted partners, internal and external to GMCC
- Presentation skills to provide regular status updates to leadership
- SAP experience
- 5- 7 years of previous work experience